Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Defiant Losers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline I.C.@G&NFC

I.C.@G&NFC
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Yesterdays game will go down in 'Fleet' history. Even though we lost, this game must rank along side the Sunderland, Villa, Notts County and Huddersfield games.

I have, up until today agreed with many other fans, that Andy has no longer got what it takes to achieve the clubs aims, but after today I withdraw my previous opinion, for now.

Three stupid mistakes by O'Reilly, McKimm and Skinner, plus that 'man in black', shaped this game. Three definite red cards and a dubious dive in our penalty area only tell a small part of this game. I defy anyone WHO WAS AT THIS GAME, to criticise any of the remaining eight players and the three players who were subbed. For the few who were there, this was the 'Fleet' of old. Under the cosh, but battling, battling, battling. For every loose ball. Every throw in. Every corner. Every shot at goal. Every half chance. Every player dug deep and when they left the pitch when the final whistle blew, none were found wanting. Without a doubt the best game we've played this season (including Farnborough). Scarborough should of buried us by half time. But, with nine men at the time, we controlled the game and when Scarborough did get a shot at goal they were high, wide or stopped by Shearer. Second half, there was no second half for Scarborough. They were made to stay in the centre circle whilst their manager produced a marker board on which he drew their second half plans. Down to eight, we dug even deeper and hit the post. And, but for a nit-picking, over zealous ref there would of been no penalty. On the day even with eight men we should of won. With eleven men we would of annhilated them, bring on Leigh RMI and roll on November 29th when we play Scarborough again.

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
Sounds good I.C. I had a similar report from Yorkshire Dunx who was also at the game.

Onwards & Upwards !

Cheers,

offline northfleet nigel

northfleet nigel
  • Reserves
Can't wait to read and hear King Carlos's and Drummer Boy's view of the game.

To all that were not there, get down there against Leigh, as on this showing, the worm has turned, Absolutely amazing performance today against the odds. If you think we have problems, you should have seen Scarborough. Out played and out thought for most of the game. Their man from pub (No 23) was a sight not to be missed.

Down but not out by a long chalk.

offline canfan

canfan
  • Reserves
Errm! correct me if i'm wrong but did you not lose that game??

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Yes we did lose but the performance was something to shout about probably unlike your 1-0 loss. Wheels coming off again this season are they Canvey?

offline mightymole

mightymole
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
iwas on the bbc web site and the text commentry show what the players are capable of could of been alot different with a full 11 on pitch

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Looks like leigh is the crunch game then. Are they getting better...will find out soon against a team that they should be able to match.....ITS A BIG GAME and another one lost last season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus