Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v AFC Hornchurch

We deservedly took a 1-0 lead in at half time & to be honest, Hx really didn't look like scoring for the first 45, I was pretty confident that we would go on to get the 3 points.

The start of the 2nd half Hx come out the blocks quicker & started to look dangerous going forward & Rusty had to make a smart save to his left to push the ball round the post, they also had a volly that went just wide but other than that i dont remember them creating anything & if Rhodes had scored when 1 on 1 with the keeper once he'd run half the length of the field, we would of been 2 up before they even had the keeper sent off!!

Once he had walked & the pen converted it was just a matter of how many, Heale's goal was a rocket & it was lucky the net was there otherwise some poor sap would of ended up in a&e with a broken nose! :-)

Really was a strong performance, very much like the Tonbridge game where we kept a decent side very quiet. Everyone played well but I felt Easterford & Alaile were solid throughout, didn't lose anything in the air & sending the ball back in the direction it had just come from, its fantastic that they have struck up such a good partnership so quickly as I'm sure I wasn't the only one worried when we found out mooro would be missing for a while, well done lads!!

Rhodes was his usual self, skipping past players like they wernt there & Leon thoroughly deserved his goal & was a constant threat all afternoon getting in behind their defence.

Another 3 points, another clean sheet, good atmosphere, teams around us dropping points. All in all a good day.

Certainly exciting times at the brockwell.....LOVE IT!!!

COYY

I agree more with that analysis,as for the handball 26 is going on about,this was just before your penalty so the actual penalty wouldn't of happened.The other shout or two were blatent dives tbh,with the way we were attacking 2nd half it was always possible we could get caught on the break but although I have no problems with the result I don't think it was as comfortable as 26 suggests