Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th November - Fixtures, Results

Just read the cockfosters page , and Pete the Greek and Jono , I [****!!****]ing hope the ssml get involved with that as craig bicknell and ampthill have had to pay nearly a grand in fines over nothing near that abuse . Personally I think any thing can be said on the forum but let's see what the ssml do about this after what they did to craig bicknell as I'm [****!!****]ing sure he will be taking this all the way , or was it because something was said about a ref Pete or hoddy Jono , I hope bicknell has read this and will propa have it out with the ssml as they are at most if the ampthill games . We all no you read this ssml people now be consistent and do your job , or do you just not like bicknell and ampthill , be interesting to see what happens

What has this got to do with ME or Hoddesdon Town? Leave me out of it please. I made no complaint about Craig Bicknell and I have had no input into the recent Cockfosters thread.

Thank you

Not sure where he is, left due to family issues apparently. Was a decent player on his day with good pace.

I can confirm that Tyler Hatherly has re signed at Hoddesdon Town. Superb player, and a decent signing for us.

Taken from NLM

Spartan South Midlands League Div 1

Cockfosters 1 London Lions 3

Attendance 92 (taken from league website – but there seemed well over 100)

Admission £4. Programme £1.

An enjoyable trip to North London to watch this top of the table SSML Div. 1 clash. The ground is pleasant but very basic. Three sides are hard standing with little room for expansion, with a small covered seated stand (well, rows of benches) situated on the clubhouse side. It is perfectly easy to access the ground free of charge if you take the route behind the cricket pavilion, just as I did. However, I made a point of paying my entrance money at the hut as soon as I got in. Apparently the ground is now up to Premier Division standards, which, with no disrespect to Cockfosters, doesn’t say much about the standard of Step 5 grounds in this league. Then again, it’s perfectly adequate for crowds of 50-100 people which is perhaps the more salient point.

As for the game, it was well contested, although played on a frankly awful pitch – the kind of surface you might expect to see at a Sunday league fixture held in a municipal park. Still, credit to both sides for providing a decent game, which the Lions won with a rather flattering score line.

Cockfosters is a very friendly club and a lovely place to watch football. Will definitely be going again this season.

If London Tigers ground is good enough for the premier division then im sure Cockfosters ground is.

Any news on that punch up mr bee

Should find out more info at Thursdays game.

DIVISION ONE

Cockfosters 1-3 London Lions

A report on this shock from another Forum:

An enjoyable trip to North London to watch this top of the table SSML Div. 1 clash. The ground is pleasant but very basic. Three sides are hard standing with little room for expansion, with a small covered seated stand (well, rows of benches) situated on the clubhouse side. It is perfectly easy to access the ground free of charge if you take the route behind the cricket pavilion, just as I did. However, I made a point of paying my entrance money at the hut as soon as I got in. Apparently the ground is now up to Premier Division standards, which, with no disrespect to Cockfosters, doesn’t say much about the standard of Step 5 grounds in this league. Then again, it’s perfectly adequate for crowds of 50-100 people which is perhaps the more salient point.

As for the game, it was well contested, although played on a frankly awful pitch – the kind of surface you might expect to see at a Sunday league fixture held in a municipal park. Still, credit to both sides for providing a decent game, which the Lions won with a rather flattering score line.

Cockfosters is a very friendly club and a lovely place to watch football. Will definitely be going again this season.

Colney Heath manager dismissed for striking Hanwell Town player sat on bench.

:blink:

HTFCew won't want to be associated with that sort of thing will she!

A report on this shock from another Forum:

Rhodes you really are a TW@T

Keeps - Well it was a shock result wasn't it the way Cockfosters are playing

Keeps - Well it was a shock result wasn't it the way Cockfosters are playing

Not at all. Jets are on fire, in a Div higher, and were at home. You could have put your house on it!