Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 27-May 17 )

• Photo
    Carlo

• Photo
    beefcake12

• Photo
    SloughClarets

Photo

The Laws of Association Football 2014-2015

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline Terrence Collina

Terrence Collina
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • Foes: Reading
  • Fav. Player(s): David Seaman
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Football, and Football

Link to the pdf from the FA's website

http://www.thefa.com...me-2014-15.ashx

Edited by Terrence Collina, 16 March 2015 - 04:25 PM.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Nude Leap-Frog Round Robin.

It's a cracking good read !!

(cough - cough !)

• Gluck_ab likes this

offline Gluck_ab

Gluck_ab
  • Spectator

It's a cracking good read !!

(cough - cough !)

It is up to a point!

Whilst serving in Afghanistan, each member of my Platoon carried a book to read and then to swap with each other thereafter. This helped alleviate the boredom (very relatively speaking) of being in one place for longer than anticipated (which was often the case). My book was volume 2 of Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom but I also brought with me the Laws of the Game for 2007-08 to 'educate' the blokes (and took a photo to prove it.) Oddly enough, I don't think it had many takers even after first-choice and alternate books were read! The moral of the story - you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

Edited by Gluck_ab, 18 March 2015 - 11:45 AM.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Nude Leap-Frog Round Robin.

.....   and at the end of the day, the Laws are there but are interpreted by each individual referee to suit himself.

Edited by Big J R, 18 March 2015 - 11:52 AM.

offline Smudge

Smudge
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: HIS LEGS
  • Facebook

Forget the sleeping pills,reading this will definitely get you to sleep inside 10 minutes.

offline Gluck_ab

Gluck_ab
  • Spectator
Just do one law at a time.

Alternatively go to areferee.com , select laws of the game test and try your knowledge out!

online Rother

Rother
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Windsor FC & Reading
Can anyone help?

I don't get the argument Redknapp and Henry gave of "last man" and "clear goal scoring opportunity" last night - I.e. Why they thought it wasn't a red card.

When a DEFENDER makes a challenge if the attacker would have had a clear run on goal with just the 'keeper to beat, it is considered a clear goal scoring opportunity = red card to the defender.

Yesterday, the 'KEEPER Courtois brought him down when the striker would have been clear through with just a defender to beat, (who of course could not use his hands so a far clearer goal scoring opportunity than if it was just the keeper to beat... )

So surely if the former is red, the latter HAS to be as well.

I dunno, either I or the combined intellects of Redknapp and Henry don't understand the rules of the game properly.

Edited by Rother, 9 August 2015 - 04:41 PM.

offline Gluck_ab

Gluck_ab
  • Spectator
There's few pundits or commentators who know the laws and their application (either or both) so it's probably them. There's no 'last man' in the LOTG nor a 'clear goal scoring opportunity' - there is though an 'obvious ...'

In the example you use, Courtois denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity (DOGSO) - if you take out the culprit, if the attacker is left with a 1 on 1 it's a good indication that it could be a DOGSO offence and a direct FK or penalty. In the relevant section in the application of the LOTG there are some factors to consider in a potential DOGSO situation - awareness of these can help a viewer understand on what basis a decision has been based.
  • Rother and four33 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus