Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

How Many Tickets

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
30 replies to this topic

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Just wondering how many tickets have gone so far for Saturdays game.
Assuming they are numbered from 0..

My own are

Adult 1183
Child 467

That should give us a crowd of 1650

can anybody add to that

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
The announcer on Saturday was saying something about tickets 1300-08 and 550 so it looks at least 1800 have been sold.

offline MHL

MHL
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I see from the Records on the Fleet Website that our highest attendance was 12032 12 Feb 1963 v Sunderland in the FA Cup 4th round.

Aside from that what other large attendances have there been.

Was the Canvey game in the Ryman 4000?

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Not sure the ticket numbers have any bearing on the numbers sold cos the two I got a couple of weeks ago were numbered 1016 and 1017.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
I disagree - I bought mine on the day that they first went on sale and mine were numbered 00310 & 00127 - that was approximately 2 hours after they first went on sale.

Baring in mind that 1400 were sold by the end of that day.....

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Quote:
MHL said:
Was the Canvey game in the Ryman 4000?

4098 officially - but everybody swears that there were more!

offline carjam

carjam
So the highest at the moment is

Adult 1308
Child 550

On going total 1858 plus any that Notts County have sold

On the Canvey question when I went in monies were being thrown into buckets. The largest I saw was the 6000 for the Notts Forest game. There seemed to be more in the ground when Canvey came.

offline Ronnie

Ronnie
My contacts who I will not reveal tell me that if County sell their 600 we could get between 2700 and 3000. Anything less would be very dissapointing. The Canvey attendance will never be officially known but it was huge. When we played Forest in a friendly to unveil our new floodlights we had about 6500.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
For the pedants amongst us, our biggest home attendence was the 26,000 odd that attended our home match with Aston Villa

offline Lennie Macfartney

Lennie Macfartney
  • Reserves
If you are going by the numbers on the tickets, don't forget that 4 types are being sold, not 2, to Fleet supporters: being a crusty old git, I've bought seat tickets (8 in total) & I'm pretty sure these are numbered separately to the terrace ones. Think the last ones I bought at the Dagenham game were in the 80s.

Even though I am a centre stand season ticket holder, there are no centre stand tickets on sale, so presumably this area will be full of freeloaders/guests (delete according to degree of cynicism.)

Lennie Mac

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Probably will Lenny, FA regulations require us to give Notts 50 Complimentary tickets, now although these don't have to be stand tickets, I'm sure that some of them will be.

There are also going to be a lot more press than usual, so it's getting a touch cramped in the centre stand.

offline JFW

JFW
  • Reserves
I bought my ticket after the match on Saturday - the number is 1353 which takes us up to 1903 plus seat tickets plus those sold to Notts County!
Incidentally (showing how old I am) I was one of the 12,032 at the match against Sunderland in 1963!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
fficial attendance v Forest was 6032.

What a night that was as well - Phil Stonebridge putting us ahead after 5 minutes was a real highlight - Forest then ran rings round us thereafter, but not surprising as they were Euro Champs and League Champs at the time - Should think it will be the one and only time we ever have both the League Trphy and the European Cup at Stonebridge Road.

What a squad they had as well Montgomery, Anderson, Gray, McGovern, Needham, Burns, O'Neill, Bowles, Birtles, Francis, Robertson started the game and subs included Mills, O'Hare and Gunn.

Cloughy senior had many people out to knock him, but I always had a soft spot for him and his sides thereafter.

Of our side that night, I think only 2 went on to higher level football - Lee Smelt, our goalkeeper, who signed for Forest, but never quite made the breakthrough, and Peter Osborne, who actually played in the Cup Winners Cup in a subsequent season, after he signed for Bergen in the Norwegian league.

Happy days !!

offline carjam

carjam
So The Runing Total

Ground Adult 1353
Ground Stand 85
Child 550
Notts Comp 50
Notts C FC ???

Now 2038

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Obviously this match is not going to sell out.

Maybe we need to reconsider the all-ticket policy for this game?

Let's face it - would we get 1000 turn up on the day, on the off-chance that there was room to admit them into the ground?

offline carjam

carjam
Agreed. If the crowd is 3000 there will be loads of space. Stonebridge Rd is a large venue for non-league standards. The all ticket policy is safety minded. Cant knock that. However the club is throwing money away. Still this time the people viewing the game should amount to around 2 million. 60000 at Old Trafford in the next round will seem insignificant to Saturday.

offline King Carlos

King Carlos
  • Reserves
In the last few days I have spoken to quite a few people who after reading these forums and speaking to other fleet fans are aware that the game will not be a sell out and have not bothered to buy tickets, and are willing to try their chances at the ground on the day of the match - be it by paying on the gate or trying to hunt down any spares off other fleet fans.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
There will be NO cash gates open it will be ticket only.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
The Club has just released a statement which can be found on the news page

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Hmmm - time to edit my prediction for the fourth time! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users