Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Gillingham match

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
One of the best "friendlies" I can remember.

Certainly if it had been a real match then ref would have flashed a number of cards as the tackles that went in a times were far from training session level. No doubt the invitation to use the bath first to Macca and the idiot in Blue was not official. I thought as usual we matched the opposition up to half time and deserved to be at least one up. Nice football and Wilko made a couple of great saves.

As usual 2nd half defensive lapses cost us although all the subs made it a bit unreal. Who was the 26? I assumed it was Bone but was in the bar at half-time and missed the name changes.

All in all a good night especially as it was free to season ticket holders but it was odd going to a match on a Monday evening. Its still better on a Tuesday!

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
...just read the previous post re No 26 so all explained. I thought he looked quite good too and agree Pinnock looked sharp but it did not lead to much. I roughly counted the crowd at about 250. Shame not more there given the standard of play.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Billy Bone is a big mackem bloke not a Malian!

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Is Sidibe the 'Monday transfer' Andy mentioned on RK does anyone know...?

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Our Number 26 - simple message - SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! fast, skillful, strong, good tackler - one to shut the moaners up this one!

Whole first half team played very well against a super quick gills forward line.

Although Drury and Shearer werent at their best it must be realised that they were up against 1st Division opposition.

All in all a brilliant evenings entertainment.

One sour point - Why cant we play like last night every week!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, we'd be top!

offline Charles Webster

Charles Webster
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
No, Sidibe(number 26) is not the player referred to by andy in his interview with me in the NLP. Watch this space.....................

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
No 26 i believe was a lad on trial with a view to a signing, he is at the moment on gillingham's books, great roll around the floor though in the second half.Did Billy bone come on?

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Charles Webster said:
No, Sidibe(number 26) is not the player referred to by andy in his interview with me in the NLP. Watch this space.....................

And it's Tuesday. You tease...

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
number 26 had me in stitches with his comedy roll!!
Great stuff,apart from that he looked a very composed player.All in all I thought we played excellently against a gills first team,who also played well.
If we could play like that every week,we'd at least be contesting playoffs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus