Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I have some good news on my Dad.

Cheers BTFC/ITFC and all.

Went to see my Dad in hospital and he mimed like he normally does for the last 58 days, when he clinched my hand and said "Hello Mark" then talked to me like nothing had happended, considering he had not been able to talk for that lengh of time, I was gob smacked, if he passed his latest Swallow Test today, results should be given tomorrow, then that tube could be out of his neck, by the weekend. Fingers Crossed.

James, yesterday he was allowed tea and orange juice, he has been told he can soon have yoghurt or ice cream day or so away.

Oxygen Aparator must be nearly ready to come off, it is on number 26, told that this is the lowest before you do breathing yourself, for the first time he was moved to the chair and lasted 2 hours without complaining of being in pain. Can't remember if I put on here, he spoke last week, scared the cr"p out of me, it was 58 days since he last spoke, they changed the tube over for a smaller tube, which enables him to talk.

Mum's attitude has changed for the better now she can now sleep without her clothers on she was so scared witless that they will drag her out of bed again. She is coping brilliantly too.

Things are going very well. I know my family appreciate all the support from everyone. My work have been brilliant I go down to see him everyday, (except Saturdays) work days between 1 and 3pm, they have been truly wonderful.

(Sundays try to get up there between 10-12 before the rest period)

When I was at my most worried state, it was really good to be able to share my concerns. Family were too close to it all.

THANK YOU ALL.

Mark...you're welcome!

You've all been through a very tough time lately.

Thankfully it seems that better days are on the horizon.

Perhaps when your dad has fully recovered a family holiday may be useful.

I only wish I could treat you to one.

Best wishes!