Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Charles Webster, Jeremy Jacobs, Mike Green,

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
30 replies to this topic

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Quote:
Vera said:
Charles Webster was my favourite BBC Kent Reporter. He is just a 'Natural' speaks clearly and gets excited without overdoing it, no excessive shouting from Charles'

I couldn't get to the Exeter replay and had to listen to Chas on Radio Kent.
No excessive shouting or overdoing it eh? Well there was plenty of shouting and overdoing it in my house that night and I'm pretty sure some of it was coming from the radio.

offline Vera

Vera
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Maybe I'm getting deaf, but my impression is that even when Charles gets excited he doesn't get to the point where we can't understand what he is saying. I was at the Exeter replay. Perhaps I should have stayed at home and listened to it on the radio, because I couldn't bear to watch it in the end and walked away and worked out what was happening by the cheering and groans coming from the
supporters brave enough to watch. I really do think Charles is the best Radio Kent Reporter.

offline beatriz94

beatriz94
  • Onlooker
JJ for me is the best freelancer.It's that deep sexy voice. Jamie Reid is sheer class as BBC staff. Agree with above. Jodie screams too much ( can you imagine in the bedr.....) don't go there. Mike Green very knowledgeable for a young man. Charles Webster too sarcastic for me although very funny. Musn't forget to mention Andrew ( I support Palace ) Gidley. A fine fellow

offline beatriz94

beatriz94
  • Onlooker
JJ is the best freelancer for me. I just love his deep sexy voice. Jamie Reid is the best BBC staff reporter. Jodie Fielder screams too much but is WABH (worth a bit and a half). Andrew Gidley (ex LBC) is very good.

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Prefer to go the games meself , and not heard any of them on the radio. But even I can work out that JJ is a tw*t.

offline Unrecognized Genius

Unrecognized Genius
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
meldrew said:
Who is really interested?Get your a**se down to Stonebridge Road and see for yourself what is going on.Most Pundits talk bo****ks anyway!

You're the one talking bo****ks here, matey.

Firstly, Chas Webster has been a Fleet supporter for decades & is held in respect by anyone who knows anything about the club. He is certainly not to be placed amongst the pundits you generalise about so glibly. Secondly, I know for a fact that virtually everyone taking part in this typical closed season debate goes to Stonebridge Road for every home game. You're the one showing your ignorance, or you'd know that what is generally under discussion here is not the meagre offering on the radio, listened to by people sitting indoors when the Fleet are at home, but the live online commentary, followed avidly by real supporters who can't get to Shrewsbury on a Tusday night.

So unless you go to every away game, I'd desist from suddenly introducing a combative tone into a civilised discussion.

EC

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Quote:
beatriz94 said:
JJ for me is the best freelancer.It's that deep sexy voice. Jamie Reid is sheer class as BBC staff. Agree with above. Jodie screams too much ( can you imagine in the bedr.....) don't go there. Mike Green very knowledgeable for a young man. Charles Webster too sarcastic for me although very funny. Musn't forget to mention Andrew ( I support Palace ) Gidley. A fine fellow

What is they say JJ? Self praise is no praise!

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:
Prefer to go the games meself , and not heard any of them on the radio. But even I can work out that JJ is a tw*t.

Of course he is a tw*t Wobbly thats what makes him so good.

JJ's comments when Margate are losing (Which to be fair to Margate wasn't too often this year) are fantastic. Even on the radio you can see his lower lip trembling, you know his eyes are welling up and you can hear the sulky bad temperedness in his voice.
We all like to see our own team win but when Margate lose JJ's cat knows it will be getting a boot up the *rse!

offline beatriz94

beatriz94
  • Onlooker
Now half the Margate teanm are going to Gravesend, should we rename Andy Ford's side Gravesgate or Marfleet?

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
beatriz94 said:
Now half the Margate teanm are going to Gravesend, should we rename Andy Ford's side Gravesgate or Marfleet?

Half? If Saunders and a rumoured Porter are half your team, you did even better to finish in (lower!) mid-table this season...

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beatriz94 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical Margate exaggeration, 2 players move( which only 1 will push for a regular team place ) and its half a team.
Next they'll be saying they can build a new stadium with a tenner.

Just call us a bigger club than the gits for starters ....

Up the Fleet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus