Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TELFORD ARE NO MORE

on confguide Telford have announced they are in liquidation and will NOT be in the conference next season maybe a lesson to those that wish to rush into full time football with a big sugar daddy paying for it Also Northwhich get a reprieve

"We are deeply saddened at today's outcome and we have been shocked by the apparent financial mis-management of the club prior to 25th March 2004 and the unwillingness of a minority of the playing staff to come to reasonable settlement agreements during recent negotiations."

Hmmmm.....whilst most people outside of Telford could see that Telford as a club were really overspending, it would seem that the supporters were quick to put down those who suggested it. Now, as their club lies in tatters, they are quick to criticise, in their own words, the financial mis-management!

Very hard to find too much sympathy I'm afraid.

Much as I liked Northwich, it's an absolute farce that they can remain in the division given their season's record. Far better to promote either the Ryman or DML runners-up - Weymouth, for example, are far more deserving of a place.

Without sounding too harsh, I'm glad a team has gone into liquidation as it might stop all these teams over-spending. Although I bet it doesn't get enough press for people to notice. Really need it to happen to a big club for anyone to notice. Leeds would be nice. grin.gif

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:

Hmmmm.....whilst most people outside of Telford could see that Telford as a club were really overspending, it would seem that the supporters were quick to put down those who suggested it. Now, as their club lies in tatters, they are quick to criticise, in their own words, the financial mis-management!

Very hard to find to much sympathy I'm afraid.

To be fair, it's all too easy to be taken in by big investment and end up riding on the crest of the wave. While things are going well, regardless of the sums of money being spent, fans don't like to criticise. Just look at Leeds - none of their fans were complaining when they got to the semis of the Champions' League.

Having said that, I have to agree about the sums of money being spent - £2,000-a-week (the reported wages of Lee Mills) for a player in the Conference is totally inappropriate.