Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

TELFORD ARE NO MORE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
on confguide Telford have announced they are in liquidation and will NOT be in the conference next season maybe a lesson to those that wish to rush into full time football with a big sugar daddy paying for it Also Northwhich get a reprieve

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Here are the details

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Their Supporters Trust have put out a Statement

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI

"We are deeply saddened at today's outcome and we have been shocked by the apparent financial mis-management of the club prior to 25th March 2004 and the unwillingness of a minority of the playing staff to come to reasonable settlement agreements during recent negotiations."

Hmmmm.....whilst most people outside of Telford could see that Telford as a club were really overspending, it would seem that the supporters were quick to put down those who suggested it. Now, as their club lies in tatters, they are quick to criticise, in their own words, the financial mis-management!

Very hard to find too much sympathy I'm afraid.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Much as I liked Northwich, it's an absolute farce that they can remain in the division given their season's record. Far better to promote either the Ryman or DML runners-up - Weymouth, for example, are far more deserving of a place.

offline Chad

Chad
  • Reserves
Without sounding too harsh, I'm glad a team has gone into liquidation as it might stop all these teams over-spending. Although I bet it doesn't get enough press for people to notice. Really need it to happen to a big club for anyone to notice. Leeds would be nice.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
FleetFanatic said:

Hmmmm.....whilst most people outside of Telford could see that Telford as a club were really overspending, it would seem that the supporters were quick to put down those who suggested it. Now, as their club lies in tatters, they are quick to criticise, in their own words, the financial mis-management!

Very hard to find to much sympathy I'm afraid.

To be fair, it's all too easy to be taken in by big investment and end up riding on the crest of the wave. While things are going well, regardless of the sums of money being spent, fans don't like to criticise. Just look at Leeds - none of their fans were complaining when they got to the semis of the Champions' League.

Having said that, I have to agree about the sums of money being spent - £2,000-a-week (the reported wages of Lee Mills) for a player in the Conference is totally inappropriate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus