Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

NLP Doing us a favour?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline the red 1

the red 1
  • Trainee
Bought copy of NLP this morning half expecting (hoping) to see Fleet emphatic win as main headline, no such luck.

Other teams i.e Carlisle,Tamworth, Barnet and Accrington Stanley all had high score wins and were mentioned on the front and back page.
I was a bit perturbed at first and then I thought this could actually do us a big favour as, whilst the NLP is pandering to the more fancied teams (canvey????) they are taking the pressure of ourselves to carry on quietly and effectively our rise up the conferene, so thanks NLP.

offline Red Marauder

Red Marauder
  • Reserves
Quite agree, let them cover all the so called 'big' boys and we'll carry on with winning games. By the way, good match report by Chas.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
They've got their match facts wrong though - 1 yellow card to Fleet apparently and none to York - I think not !!

offline Bill Kent

Bill Kent
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Yes I saw that in the NLP.I quiet agree, Let's keep our heads down and be workmanlike. But I did liked the heading."BELLS TOLL FOR MINSTERMEN". Quiet a good write up by Charles Webster. His praise for the Referee. Mr Desmond was my MAN OF THE MATCH. He kept the game flowing, booking to a minimum. He's been watching spooky eyes L. Colino

I can't understand what Chris Brass was on about.
calling our goals soft. mind you if the teams read that, they may half believe it, and be complacent when we meet them

offline Charles Webster

Charles Webster
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
When we won the Ryman league we did it without earning any real credit until the season ended. We went un-noticed and "slipped under the radar".As a far as I am concerned long may that continue. I will always try to promote the club but will always try to keep ourachievements in perspective.

Referee Bob Desmond top,top bloke. Spoke to him before the game and his refereeing is a true reflection of his personality - good humoured, common sense and likeable.Definitely not up himself like other officials we could all name.

Don't forget to log on to the net for me and Greenie's full match commentary from Forest Green this afternoon.

More sunshine from Mr Ford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus