Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Allan Tait / NLP

charles

Don't think Tait has shown us what he is really capable of yet. Ibe has stolen more of the limelight and for good reason.

Taits headered goal that was disallowed on Staurday was well taken. He had a go at Hallett a few times for snatching at chances rather than looking up for the pass - as you say he was sitting wider and deeper.

Halletts inexperience showed last year and he was easily "forced of the ball" or lost out on 50/50 challenges.

Not sure what he's been doing since as he seems to be using his strength a lot more this season and it's causing the opposition real problems. He seems a lot sharper this season as well.

My only minor whinge is that he seems a tad slow in deciding whether to chase a "lost" ball. It's as though he thiinks "I won't get that" and then thinks "sod it - I'll go for it" by which time his momentum has stopped. Like I say I'm really picking here but he certainly has shown a load of improvement which is increasing with every chance he gets to play.

He gives us an alternative to the "big bloke up front" as he is quicker and more in the mold of Lee. Be interesting to see Lee and Jason start together - but I don't think they will get the quality of service from midfield, not just Clarke or Duffers swinging in a cross, but through balls to run onto.

we need for to find goals from more places rather than just the two we are playing up front. it seems teams that do well in the league get goals from players all over the park. our midfield dont really seem to score many any more. it is all well and good having 4 good front men but some goals from others as well would be nice

Agree with everything said there A NON E MOUSE.

Lets just hope that Jeff and Glen keep coaching him in the right way (which im sure they will) and we'll have one of the most potential strikers out of the league.

I feel Tait is a confirdence striker. He proved last year at Crawley that he is a decent striker at this level. I would start with boylan and ibe up front at the moment but having Tait and Hallet as cover is something this club are lucky to have.

Didn't say I wouldn't play Ibe, just that I'd like to see what Tait could do. As shown on Saturday he could play behind the front two as Ollie did when Minton was injured a couple of season ago.

This would be necessary if we did play Boylan & Hallett up front as they need someone to slot the ball through (as Ollie did). Minton doesn't, in my opinion, go forward enough and tends to get pushed across the park.

With Mario playing well on Saturday it looks like there will be some competition for the attacking centre midfield role.

One worry of playing Boylan & Hallett is that they get in each others way - as was the case when we tried to combine Boylan and MacDougald.

RE: With Mario playing well on Saturday it looks like there will be some competition for the attacking centre midfield role.

Feel jeff has had a decent start to the season, he has scored 3 goals so far but Mario took his chance on saturday so it will be interesting to see who plays against york. Both of them cant play in the same team as they are very similar so id personaly go for Noto as he did nothing wrong to get dropped.

RE: One worry of playing Boylan & Hallett is that they get in each others way - as was the case when we tried to combine Boylan and MacDougald.

Strike partners need to have an understanding so this will come in time. Boyaln and Hallett havent played much together so its not suprising this happens. Hopefully both will be at the club in the future so we can see a partnership blossom.

Quote:
ken said:
we need for to find goals from more places rather than just the two we are playing up front. it seems teams that do well in the league get goals from players all over the park. our midfield dont really seem to score many any more. it is all well and good having 4 good front men but some goals from others as well would be nice

I agree that it would be nice to see goals coming from more players but we are not doing too bad.

We have 7 different goalscorers so far, last season at this stage we had 6. We have scored the same amount of goals (15) as last season with 1 extra scorer coming from midfield.