Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team at the Mo

Phil Old Boy

Havent seen an awful lot of Canvey this year, but seen plenty of the reserves, Conroy always looks assured and calm and is a pacy full back, my team:

Potter

Conroy Ward Sterling Bimson

Kennedy Noto Sedgemore Keeling

Boylan Ibe

Subs from Mckinney Mcghee Clarke Duffy Minton Tait Hallett

GK Potter

RB Duffy

LB Bimson

DF Sterling

DF Ward

LW Keeling

RW Kennedy

MF Sedgemore

MF Noto

FW Boylan

FW Ibe

As an aside about Clarke, I really don't think he's good enough for this level. Aldershot fans said he was terribly inconsistant and I get the feeling he could do a great job for a Conference South team but this is not really his level.

Think alot of that was down to JK playing out of position. Seemed he was playing in the centre which is no way his best position.

Quote:
richard sparkes said:
jk has been great this season,i would just like to see more all round pace in the side

Couldn't agree more. Pace scares the hell out of players.

[Re: richard sparkes]

Think alot of that was down to JK playing out of position. Seemed he was playing in the centre which is no way his best position.

JK's best position has always been on the right. He was brought into the middle and done a good job there during our last season's in the Ryman. I think he takes a bit of a battering in there now however and that's where we need some bruisers to mix it up a bit, as well as play football.
Still prefer the Kennedy down the right, Duffers down the left. It's a bit of old school, but it's back to basics and will make those positions strong again with two great outlets, rather than looking predictable at times.

This season will be tougher than last year as we haven't any Leigh's or Farnboro's to rely on.

We need a Dobbo or a Benno to add some steel and much needed bite to the midfield.

Quote:
richard sparkes said:
i just think our slow patiant build up play makes teams able to defend easier as a unit,all the the top teams play with explosive pace esp in wide areas

Quite right Richard. Really noticed it against D&R. As soon as the ball was pumped forward, we were in trouble. There is a general lack of pace in the team and the full/part time scenario probably comes into play at some point as well.

All the club can do at this stage is try to consolidate and just stay in this top flight of non-league which is still a great achievement. To push on further, if that's the aim will need important decision making at some point also.

Quote:
YELLOW said:
We need a Dobbo or a Benno to add some steel and much needed bite to the midfield.

Although he had injury problems, thought that Benno had at least another season in him. Saw him against Ford's at their place playing in midfield on a bone hard pitch when we won 3-0 (Danny almost scored) and he was a colussus. Could really have done with him if he stayed injury free.

Quote:
richard sparkes said:
jk has been great this season,i would just like to see more all round pace in the side

Pace is very important for any team but it`s no good if the player can`t last the full 90mins and there are no suitable replacements on the bench.

Kennedy will give you a solid 90 every time he plays and while he won`t be outpacing the oppositions defence very often he will certainly be back helping our defence when required which to me is a very important part of playing midfield.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
My team at the mo would be:

McKinney
Bimson
Ward
Sterling
Duffy
Noto
Sedgemore
Keeling
Kennedy
Boylan
Ibe or Tait (whoever is the better partner for Lee)

I thought Tait was good with with Lee, so would prefer him to Ibe! Ibe needs to be more consistant.