Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

parking on yellow Zig Zag lines outside schools and dangerous parking

zody

I recently overheard two Mums, who had both just illegally parked right on a road junction outside their 'little soldiers' school, about the fact that the 'lollipop-lady' had failed to turn up.

I ASK YOU !

I agree with these lines - however they should all operate only during school hours / term time. Some operate 24/7/365 - which in an area where parking is difficult is wrong.

My childrens school on the other hand has nothing - and parents park right on the corner of junctions etc.

this is my point, some clown decided to double park alongside my school bus and wont listen, and marched into the school to collect child, big traffic jam and faced many unhappy mums and abuse, didnt understand one of the emergency services would take out his vehicle if they were on a shout.

Ignorance is the key word, as long as they are alright then everyone else can go to hell.

But it's not safe for their little darling to walk with all the other inconsiderate parents driving their little darlings to school and double parking on the zig-zag lines and they would have to give up a few extra minutes to leave earlier!

Quote:
The Invisible Man said:
One wonders why most of them are driving their kids to school in the first place. The difference in traffic levels in school holidays is staggering. Make them walk or get a bus. It's better for them anyway, and also helps develop their independence, self-reliance and "social skills".

Bang on .

Quote:
zody said:
this is my point, some clown decided to double park alongside my school bus and wont listen, and marched into the school to collect child, big traffic jam and faced many unhappy mums and abuse, didnt understand one of the emergency services would take out his vehicle if they were on a shout.

Yes, but a school bus should not stop on yellow zig zags either!

They should be there to give good visibility to anyone trying to cross the road.

Sadly school buses cause chaos by their driver's selfish attitude that they are the only vehicle allowed on the road. They push their way out of turnings, can't drive up hills at reasonable speeds, queue jump at roundabouts, stop for extended periods of time at bus stops without a layby (causing jams).

Why are these drivers selfish - added to which I often see them smoking or on mobile phones whilst having children onboard!!

Oh and I usually do the school run day and evening, and have seen countless such drivers behaving poorly.

Why do I drive my children to School? They live 7 miles from the school and there is no school transport being Junior. Whilst you can purchase monthly bus passes for adults, there is no such season ticket for children!! They have to either buy a day ticket or have an adult season ticket. Crazy!!

I doubt many parent realise how these drivers act - but ask anyone driving in the Southend/Castle Point area in rush hour and they will agree - unless it is me being in a higher vehicle allows me to see the drivers easier.

(right that should have stired up enough people wink.gif )

Ian, the public should have respect for what we do, sadly they dont and everyday we get road rage, hence why we are selfish and couldnt give a fck about others, regarding smoking and using phones, this can only happen in Havering, not in my council, discipline action, btw we have time tables to meet aswell as getting the children in on time, even though a special needs school bus like mine has more problems on board than a normal school bus to have to deal with, we dont get the respect from motorists that have tunnell vision and dont see the dangers of there abuse or actions after they disappear into the distance.We just have to calm down the children.

MANY COULDNT DO OUR JOB, SO SHOW SOME RESPECT PLEASE.

PS We do park on Zig Zags or even in the middle of the road if we cant park in the school box bay, holding up the traffic aswell, this wont happen if, ................