Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Latest Score V Brimmo

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Well done BR.
Didn't take you long did it !
Couldnt wait to get on here Old Towner . I have always enjoyed the excuses you boys come out with ,Lovely stuff always starts off the post mortem ,The guy is a top drawer comic .I always laugh at his posts.

right lets really stir thing up and some of you may well be surprised

What was the game last night all about

Well it was to raise some money for Roy Butler, now some of you will know Roy and myslef dont see eye to eye and that is between us.

But over the past 5 or 6 years he has done a great job on getting the pitch in good condition at goldsdown and he was rewarded last night for his efforts by Town putting out a reserve team and very few supporters even bothering to turn up.

all i will say is its a very poor show lads, it was a nice night it only rain very last on, entry fee was less than your league matches, your committee all turned up and run the game just like any other so when was it decided to put out the reserves and why did so few supporters even bother to turn up.

Roy deserves far more respect form you guys than he got last night.

To answer your question, you should ask the two Clubs taking part.

Was the game advertized as a Fund Raiser for Roy - not to my knowledge ?

Was it announced on Saturday - not to my knowledge ?

Was it on the web site as such - not to my knowledge ?

Would more people have turned up to support a guy who has put so, so much into the Club - I think so.

Why did Jim put out a poor, mixed team - ask him.

Poor show all round if you ask me and bloody disrespectful to Roy.

Let's ignore the troll (not you club sec, you're right) and point out that Brimsdown look a very good side indeed; well organised, pacy (and not a six foot striker in sight!); in short, far too good for the rag bag of fringe players and triallists (why???) that Jim chose to field.

Jim probably felt it was his last chance to see all the trialists and youth players in action.Baring injuries,he will no doubt put out the 16 players at Harlow on saturday that he intends to play in the first league game.

As far as i was aware,Hertford and Brimsdown were always going to be the two games where experimental 'elevens' were going to be played,as these were the two lowest league teams we arranged to play in the friendlies.But again its another round of unimaginative friendlies and poor friendly results.

PS..Well done to the Brimsdown team,who played good fast attractive football last night.

I thought he was going to put out his strongest team against Chelmsford as well, but he ended up making three million substitutions, and probably learned nothing about anyone.

I don't think we have used the pre-season well at all. If Jim now knows his best eleven, then he hasn't had the chance to field it. A few players have undoubtedly put themselves out of the reckoning (especially last night) but not many have placed themselves emphatically in the frame. And the likes of Dickie and Foster haven't been given enough time on the field to get used to our style of play and show what they are capable of.