Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Postponed Today

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Kindly note that, as expected, 'our' fixture with Sport London e Benfica is off today due to a waterlogged pitch, I'm surprised and disappointed that mouthpiece for the Club, namely 3praise, hasn't been on to inform us already

Eagles1981 - What do you mean 'just received notification', I knew the game was off at 10.15 this morning, why weren't you notified until well after 11.00. I hope Mr Panayotiou knows or he may make a wasted trip.
By the way Kentish Town's fixture with Royston Town has also sadly fallen foul of the deluge we had late last night, it's very disappointing as it promised to be the match of the day.

How do you know the inspection was at 10.45, is that what you were told

Instead I will ask you a hypothetical question if you don't mind. If our game with Royston was still on today would you have come over to watch or have you ruled yourselves out of the promotion hunt now as you are unable to beat any of the top sides in the division

Instead (of answering your question) I will ask you a hypothetical question if you don't mind (I do mind by the way) . If our game with Royston was still on today would you have come over to watch or have you ruled yourselves out of the promotion hunt now as you are unable to beat any of the top sides in the division

I know what I need to know about Kentish Town. smile

We look forward to seeing you again next Saturday weather permitting, happy new year to you and yours

Folks - As you are by now aware our eagerly awaited fixture with Royston Town today was called off following a pitch inspection however some 90 programmes containing 52 informative pages had already been produced. As a new year gesture of goodwill Kentish Town are prepared to send a complimentary copy to any member who would like one whilst stocks last if they wish to PM me their address, this could well become a collectors item in years to come. Alternatively you may just wish to read the notes page as follows:

SATURDAY 29th DECEMBER 2007 3.00pm Issue 11 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v ROYSTON TOWN

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Royston Town Football Club to our home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Tony Weight from Henlow and his two Assistants, Mr Greg Pope from Chingford and Mr Brian Langley from Dunstable, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr Weight’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Our last fixture here against Sun Postal Sports two weeks ago was by no means a classic however we did enough to secure the three points thanks to two second half strikes by deadly duo Jonathan Donoghue and Lee Scott who had both come off the bench after the interval when it looked like it might not be our day against the basement side. We were able to put our feet up last Saturday as the Spartan South Midlands League fixture computer had not allocated us a fixture and on the whole results went in our favour with Haringey Borough and Stony Stratford Town failing to win at Buckingham Athletic and Arlesey Athletic respectively and Cheshunt Reserves and Sport London e Benfica both going down. The result that did stand out however involved our opponents today and Royston Town will clearly arrive here as high as kites following an 8-0 demolition job of Winslow United at Garden Walk. Their prolific striker Craig Hammond netted six times against a beleaguered Winslow defence taking his tally to twelve in just four outings since his well publicised four figure move from Mildenhall Town and this has left us with the dilemma of trying to stop him this afternoon which is not going to be an easy task by any means.

We will all be in the company of greatness at the Barnet Copthall Stadium this afternoon and just for once this does not refer to Town’s own Head Coach Clement Temile. Royston’s Assistant Manager is no other than ex Tottenham and Ireland star Tony Galvin who played 262 times for Spurs winning two FA Cup winners medals in 1981 and 1982 and a UEFA Cup winners medal in 1984. Tony has also played 29 times for the Emerald Isle and was part of the squad at the 1988 European Championship Finals, his other Club’s include Sheffield Wednesday and Swindon Town where he was Assistant at the County Ground to Osvaldo Ardiles. Tony has never forgotten his roots when he first started out playing for Goole Town in the Northern Premier League prior to being spotted and his heart is now very much at grass roots level having recently helped Herts Senior County League outfit Buntingford Town reach the second round proper of the prestigious FA Youth Cup. Royston’s experienced Manager Paul Attfield was also at Buntingford and the pair are close friends who have hit the ground running in no uncertain terms since arriving at Garden Walk.

Town travelled to Royston only last month, albeit before the new regime arrived, and won 4-3 in a pulsating contest that had the Garden Walk faithful riveted to the spot. Our hosts started the better and scored after just two minutes of the proceedings, however Town weathered the storm and managed to pull a goal back just before the interval through Lee Scott. Town then proceeded to play some of their best football of the season and found themselves 4-1 ahead before taking their foot off the gas with twenty minutes remaining and allowing Royston to give us the fright of our lives in the remaining minutes. We would like to thank the Royston Committee once again for their kind hospitality on the night as the Club appeared to be falling apart around their ears however the hard work in getting back on their feet in such a short space of time is paying handsome dividends with all the top sides in the division looking over their shoulders in a state of panic.

Town were featured last Sunday in the Non League newspaper and the article can be viewed in this programme. Clearly we are very honoured to be linked with our illustrious neighbours at the Emirates Stadium and will be eternally grateful for their kind assistance in donating a set of goalposts and paying for our state of the art dugouts which clearly needed to be of a portable variety. I’m sure this gesture will be music to many people’s ears as so often football’s elite are accused of ignoring their neighbouring minnows in non league who are forced to live on the breadline and just a donation of some footballs or kit can make all the difference in the World and boost morale no end.

A final word for 2007 must go to our Coaching staff who have worked tirelessly to keep the show on the road, the arrival of Hector Varela in August enabled Manager and Director of Football Frank Zanre to take somewhat of a backseat, to now have two UEFA ‘A’ qualified Coaches at Kentish Town must surely be unprecedented at Step 6 level.

Many thanks for coming this afternoon and enjoy the game.

Rhodes, I smell a rat! Will the league be investigating why only yours and Haringey's were called off? You are always telling us that the Coles Park pith is rubbish, so no surprise that they were off, but what is your excuse at "palatial" Copthall? Does the palatial bit only apply to the stand? Is the pitch on a par with Coles Park? Or did you not want to face Craig Hammond? As you are one for naming and shaming, please tell us the name (and qualifications) of the ref who called your game off!

I think that information will be classified as 'Royal Secret'

Why, were you planning to come to the game or have I given you the perfect 'out', it may still go ahead if your chum Dave Raval passes it fit at 10.00. By the way I wouldn't plan on diverting to Coles Park as we've just had a deluge of biblical proportions in Haringey

Horace - Don't you read previous posts, I assume you know Dave Raval from Walthamstow who is a Level 4 Referee, he looked long and hard this morning but was reluctantly forced to shake his head from side to side rather than up and down and there is nothing sinister to read into the postponement.

Basically, I've stopped reading your posts. You may very well say that there's nothing sinister in the postponement. That being so, your pitch must be deficient - ours has a terrible reputation but was perfectly fit for football today!

If I suspected in any way shape or form that the game would be off today I wouldn't have still been working on the programme past midnight this morning and been left high and dry with 90 wasted copies.

We were expecting a big crowd but I normally print between 70 and 90 anyway, if you want one feel free to PM your address or is it in the handbook

We were expecting a big crowd but I normally print between 70 and 90 anyway, if you want one feel free to PM your address or is it in the handbook

The crowd would have been 27

We were expecting at least 45, there was a lot of interest on the another Forum and people would have come out of the woodwork just to see Tony Galvin