Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Postponed Today

can't think why you were expecting a big crowd.

According to the crowd figures on your favourite website (yes another)

Kentish Town FC highest home attendance is 41

Kentish Town FC average home attendance is 29

Highest crowd in Division 1 is Winslow v Buckingham 110

Highest crowd for a Royston away game is 43

There have incidentally only been seven three figure crowds for SSML Premier Division games.

I'm not quite sure why these extra programmes would have been needed.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Basically, I've stopped reading your posts. You may very well say that there's nothing sinister in the postponement. That being so, your pitch must be deficient - ours has a terrible reputation but was perfectly fit for football today!

Horace - the basic problem is that the facilities at Copthall are only rented from the athletics club. I suspect that they aren't too bothered about "pulling up trees" to get a football match on and their only concern is to ensure that the football doesn't get in the way of their meets.

Originally Posted By: Lato
I'm not quite sure why these extra programmes would have been needed

Lato - You make a fair post however as I may have mentioned before we use surplus programmes for publicity material and I take them out on the road with me as well as to high profile events such as the painting exhibitions where interest in the Club was absolutely huge

When we played at Copthall 2 weeks ago the pitch looked in great condition from the sidelines however one half was particularly boggy whilst the other was quite firm & good for playing football on. Could be a few more off in the wet weather

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Horace - the basic problem is that the facilities at Copthall are only rented from the athletics club. I suspect that they aren't too bothered about "pulling up trees" to get a football match on and their only concern is to ensure that the football doesn't get in the way of their meets.

Football Man - You couldn't be more wrong if you tried as we work hand in hand with the Athletics Club, they were just as dismayed as we were yesterday morning when Dave Raval shook his head

Like I said the Club work hand in hand with the Athletics Club and we have the perfect relationship with them unlike we had with Potters Bar Town for example when we groundshared at Parkfield. A member of the groundstaff is permanantly on site and he was as disappointed as we were when the game was called off yesterday morning

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Like I said the Club work hand in hand with the Athletics Club and we have the perfect relationship with them unlike we had with Potters Bar Town for example when we groundshared at Parkfield. A member of the groundstaff is permanantly on site and he was as disappointed as we were when the game was called off yesterday morning

thats all as maybe but the fact you have to shoe horn in another totally unnecessary dig at another football club is typical of you and why people find you so difficult.

Lato - Are you not watching Von Ryan's Express on BBC2

I was being diplomatic!

Originally Posted By: Lato
yes

Lato - I can read you like a book can't I, I figured that was a film up your street with an excellent performance from Frank Sinatra. Also my Don Revie style dossier also told me that Sky tv is against your principals, you also dislike Rupert Murdoch don't you and what he stands for

wrong again I wasn't watching it. Think you better burn those dossiers they are totally useless as usual.

Check your post again. You said 'Are you not watching Von Ryan's Express on BBC2'

As I wasn't watching it, the correct answer to that question is yes.

So what about the Sky tv and Rupert Murdoch bit, I bet you have a strong viewpoint on the News International riot at Wapping in 1986 as well as the Miners strike in 1984, am I wrong

don't know enough about the News International dispute to be able to comment on it. The miners had a legitimate grievance to some extent but in my opinion they allowed a militant element to take control and it became a more political dispute aimed at bringing the government down.

Interesting that you try as usual to switch subject when proved wrong!

I feel Sky have ruined British sport but the sports authorities are to blame for taking the Sky money rather than catering for the masses.

Lato - Just because you don't know enough about the News International dispute, or a particular subject, it doesn't mean that you can't have an opinion. You make a good point about the Sky money though, I would like to agree but obviously without it the Premiership wouldn't be what it is today, I only wish that some of the money could filter down to the lower league's and as far as our own.

The easiest way for Sky money to filter it's way into our murky depths is something I have been campaigning for. Simply, Sky give their tv sports package to all non-league football clubs from Conf North/South down to Level 6 for the estimated actual cost of the service (a fraction of the current standard pub/club charge).

Clubs have to buy their Sky box/dish/installation and that's it. The clubs then stand a chance of making money from having the service available in their clubhouse and of course can add other Sky products at the going price if they so wish. This re-inforces Sky's contribution and committment to football at all senior levels and satisfies the argument against the top heavy slant of Sky sports cash benefits.

The draw of Premiership football live on Sky has for a long time been a burden to non-league clubs, this plan gives those clubs an opportunity to earn some money from it.