Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Postponed Today

Arlesey Athletic v Brache Sparta is off today with, I'm assuming, a lot more to follow, watch this space as there's nothing on our rival Forum.

New Bradwell St Peter v Tokyngton Manor is also off, I expect Kentish Town v Hanwell Town will be the next to go.

Amersham Town v Hoddesdon Town, Stony Stratford Town v Cranfield United, Bucks Students Union v Tring Corinthians and sadly Hadley v The 61 FC are all off

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Arlesey Athletic v Brache Sparta is off today with, I'm assuming, a lot more to follow, watch this space as there's nothing on our rival Forum.

Where are you getting your information from Rhodsey?

Horace - It's not what you know, I have my contacts. What game are you attending today if any.

Virtually all games in the Combined Counties League were called off before lunch, so I reckon you've got little chance of many games up there !

Originally Posted By: nellie

KTFC vs Hanwell - Off

No surprise there then, I hope it was called off in good time to prevent Hanwell Town and the Officials travelling as I think one of them was coming from Hemel Hempstead.

Brimsdown Rovers v Welwyn Garden City appears to be a very late postponement, I wonder whether 'the Deadly Duo' and their disciples travelled.

Yes but that's late enough particularly with one of the officials coming from Hemel Hempstead, he must have set off.

Just incase you weren't aware the game was due to be played at Brimsdown Rovers today which is a lot further than half an hour by road from Hemel Hempstead particularly in Saturday afternoon traffic. My guess is that Mr Wilson, who comes from Royston, and Mr Weedon from Hemel Hempstead both got to Goldsdown Road before learning that the game was off which is clearly not acceptable.

Just incase you weren't aware the game was due to be played at Brimsdown Rovers today which is a lot further than half an hour by road from Hemel Hempstead particularly in Saturday afternoon traffic. My guess is that Mr Wilson, who comes from Royston, and Mr Weedon from Hemel Hempstead both got to Goldsdown Road before learning that the game was off which is clearly not acceptable.

What if it was the match ref who called the game off?

Yes but the match Referee was from Northwood, a lot nearer than Royston and Hemel Hempstead

Yes but the match Referee was from Northwood, a lot nearer than Royston and Hemel Hempstead

What's that got to do with anything? A 1.30 postponement suggests to me that it was the match referee, on arrival, who postponed the fixture. This would be entirely correct on a frosty, sunny day - too early during the morning to say whether the pitch would be frozen at 3pm. I went to a 2pm k.o. today where the referee delayed k.o. to 2.15 to permit the sun to do its work, and managed to get a safe 90 minutes in before the pitch froze again - top marks to him, but if he had decided to postpone the game no-one would have been able to criticize him either.

What I mean is that it's the same old chestnut of Officials coming from as far afield as Royston and Hemel Hempstead to officiate in London and the likes of London based PetetheGreek being allocated to places such as Langford and Biggleswade, it doesn't really do anybody any favours and Club's are left with a high bill of well over