Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Postponed Today

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Lato - Just because you don't know enough about the News International dispute, or a particular subject, it doesn't mean that you can't have an opinion. You make a good point about the Sky money though, I would like to agree but obviously without it the Premiership wouldn't be what it is today, I only wish that some of the money could filter down to the lower league's and as far as our own.

whats your opinion then?

Lato - You're home in good time from work today.

I was actually very impressed by Wader's post, perhaps him (with his brains) and me (with my contacts) should get our heads together at some point to see if we can get his sensible solution to the problem properly implemented. As I think you are aware half the money Sky put into the Premiership is currently divided equally between the Clubs, with another quarter allocated according to their position in the table at the end of the season and the final quarter paid out for live games. In addition the top four clubs receive additional income from competing in the lucrative Champions League whilst the 'bigger' clubs also earn more still from matchday income due to their larger stadiums. I don't think it would take an awful lot to get each Premiership club to agree to give a percentage of their income, however small, to non league football if Wader and me ask nicely whilst at the same time getting Sky to agree to Wader's innovative idea.

Lato - You're home in good time from work today.
I was actually very impressed by Wader's post, perhaps him (with his brains) and me (with my contacts) should get our heads together at some point to see if we can get his sensible solution to the problem properly implemented. As I think you are aware half the money Sky put into the Premiership is currently divided equally between the Clubs, with another quarter allocated according to their position in the table at the end of the season and the final quarter paid out for live games. In addition the top four clubs receive additional income from competing in the lucrative Champions League whilst the 'bigger' clubs also earn more still from matchday income due to their larger stadiums. I don't think it would take an awful lot to get each Premiership club to agree to give a percentage of their income, however small, to non league football if Wader and me ask nicely whilst at the same time getting Sky to agree to Wader's innovative idea.

no ehats your view on the News International dispute, the miners strike and the "Winter of Discontent" for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Just received notice from Haringey Borough that the game between Haringey Borough and Sport London e Benfica is off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Somehow I don't think the 22k 'Sugar' said 'we' have spent on 'our' pitch over the last two seasons has been money well spent:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/sportlondonebenficafc/1stteam/clubnews.pl?id=35916

• 11 months later...

Due to the icy conditions there are bound to be a number of games postponed today so this thread may be useful, I gather Stony Stratford Town Reserves v Bletchley Town Reserves has already fallen foul of the weather. I hope the members who have childishly defected to the breakaway Forum will swallow their pride and use it.

Only Hertford Town Vs Oxhey Jets still on in Premier Division.

Happy Shopping,We at Kentish Town done ours weeks ago....

Merry Christmas Everyone snow

Originally Posted By: phoinex
Only Hertford Town Vs Oxhey Jets still on in Premier Division.

So Haringey Borough v Biggleswade United is off then, lol.

I gather Stony Stratford Town Reserves v Bletchley Town Reserves has already fallen foul of the weather.

I have heard that Bletchley Town's Reserves have withdrawn from the league, as well as Brache Sparta's, though I haven't seen any conformation of this yet.

AWK - Thanks for that information although you won't be flavour of the month with the likes of Horace, HTFCew and Wader for coming on to ruin the silence. What do you read into the demise of Brache Sparta's Reserve team being from the area yourself, would you say the Club are struggling to get by as, afterall, what is the point on the home gates their first team get and somebody must be having to constantly put their hand into their pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect today's games will start dropping like flies shortly once the pitch inspections start kicking in:

Premier Division

Broxbourne Borough v Chalfont St Peter

Cockfosters v Brimsdown Rovers

Hanwell Town v Colney Heath

Haringey Borough v Leverstock Green

Hertford Town v Biggleswade United

Holmer Green v Aylesbury Vale

Kentish Town v Berkhamsted Town

Oxhey Jets v Harefield United

St Margaretsbury v Biggleswade Town

Tring Athletic v Kingsbury London Tigers

Welwyn Garden City v Langford

Division One

Ampthill Town v Winslow United

Arlesey Athletic v Bedford

Bedford Town Reserves v Sun Postal Sports

Cranfield United v Buckingham Athletic

Harpenden Town v Amersham Town

Kings Langley v Stony Stratford Town

London Colney v Brache Sparta

New Bradwell St Peter v Hatfield Town

Royston Town v Crawley Green

Tokyngton Manor v Sport London e Benfica

Division Two

AFC Dunstable v Bletchley Town

Caddington v Aston Clinton

Old Bradwell United v Markyate

Padbury United v Kent Athletic

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Tring Corinthians

Risborough Rangers v Wodson Park

The 61 FC (Luton) v Bucks Students Union

Totternhoe v Mursley United

I expect today's games will start dropping like flies shortly once the pitch inspections start kicking in:

Premier Division
Broxbourne Borough v Chalfont St Peter
Cockfosters v Brimsdown Rovers
Hanwell Town v Colney Heath
Hertford Town v Biggleswade United
Holmer Green v Aylesbury Vale
Kentish Town v Berkhamsted Town
Oxhey Jets v Harefield United
St Margaretsbury v Biggleswade Town
Tring Athletic v Kingsbury London Tigers
Welwyn Garden City v Langford

Division One
Ampthill Town v Winslow United
Arlesey Athletic v Bedford
Bedford Town Reserves v Sun Postal Sports
Cranfield United v Buckingham Athletic
Harpenden Town v Amersham Town
Kings Langley v Stony Stratford Town
London Colney v Brache Sparta
New Bradwell St Peter v Hatfield Town
Royston Town v Crawley Green
Tokyngton Manor v Sport London e Benfica

Division Two
AFC Dunstable v Bletchley Town
Caddington v Aston Clinton
Old Bradwell United v Markyate
Padbury United v Kent Athletic
Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Tring Corinthians
Risborough Rangers v Wodson Park
The 61 FC (Luton) v Bucks Students Union
Totternhoe v Mursley United

Are all these games postponed then?

No that's just today's fixture list for convenience, my guess is that the games at Tokyngton Manor, Haringey Borough, Cockfosters and Kentish Town will all do well to survive.

Yes thats right, what a guess although to be fair I am currently half a mile from the hallowed Coles Park turf as the crow flies.

A big Thank you must go to John and Ali at Copthall for their efforts this morning to prepare the pitch for todays game...proof that you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear..HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. drinkies