Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stand and be counted

andyetfc

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
the materials have been at the ground for some time

lets be real the board do not want the railway end covered

the additional cost is a few bags of cement and some labour

now get over it and do as you are told

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, IT IS NOT SEEN AS IMPORTANT

move on

IT IS IMPORTANT Phil, but at the moment we could'nt do anything cos of the weather anyway, not really the time of year to lay concrete is it? Plus we need materials for the Roof & Base.

You know as well as I do that there are other things that have needed to be done this Season, work on the Pitch, I don't think people may be aware of just how much it costs to have the Pitch Vertidrained to keep it looking as good as it does, work with the Lighting etc and as I said earlier if we do get promoted there are other things to be addressed, more seats extra Toilets etc and that all costs, there is not a bottomless Pot of Funds is there, but if Supporters are willing to cover the costs of the Covered Stand then it will be done as it won't have to come out of the Club Budget will it?

crazy2

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Oh get a life Gazza, you lot are always moaning & yes you have moaned about the lack of cover in the past.

I think you will find that it was NOT an Alcohol induced Rant on Saturday, just someone airing THEIR views for a change.

I have already been contacted privately with an offer of both financial & manual help. As I said yesterday there are no plans at this moment in time to start the stand. Firstly we must do all the costing for the Base & Roof and then seek Planning Consent etc, and finally raise the funds required.

As you must be aware if we do gain Promotion there will also be other works that would need to be done that would take priority, but if Supporters are willing to put their hands in their pockets & roll their sleeves up then I can see no reason for the Stand being built in the Close Season.

Come on then you lot Names & Numbers please!!!

I think when someone official gives it the go ahead & its properly arranged fans will be forthcoming, but until then you will have frustrated fans awaiting action rather than excuses! doh

Also for the record I have NOT moaned about the lack of a stand mainly due to the fact I dont use it. doah

There's only room for one moaner on the forum anyway. hairout

I can also assure you if it wasnt an alcohol induced rant on Saturday, then the individual should be embarrased by their behaviour, I was doing them a favour saying it was! beer

SL. I will go back to my original post of having a particular plan which can then be worked through. Cost it out first and then ask for assistance.

I really do wonder why only a certain few people were 'picked off' for the rant when in fact there are over 200 'owners' of this club?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
SL. I will go back to my original post of having a particular plan which can then be worked through. Cost it out first and then ask for assistance.

I really do wonder why only a certain few people were 'picked off' for the rant when in fact there are over 200 'owners' of this club?

Quite agree Andy. but my argument is the same as it has always been, let the Moaners get off their Backsides then and offer help.

Perhaps it was because the other 200 owners were not there? Who knows?

Any way Andy why don't you get the ball rollling with some planning you are good at that sort of thing.

duel

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Oh get a life Gazza, you lot are always moaning & yes you have moaned about the lack of cover in the past.

I think you will find that it was NOT an Alcohol induced Rant on Saturday, just someone airing THEIR views for a change.

I have already been contacted privately with an offer of both financial & manual help. As I said yesterday there are no plans at this moment in time to start the stand. Firstly we must do all the costing for the Base & Roof and then seek Planning Consent etc, and finally raise the funds required.

As you must be aware if we do gain Promotion there will also be other works that would need to be done that would take priority, but if Supporters are willing to put their hands in their pockets & roll their sleeves up then I can see no reason for the Stand being built in the Close Season.

Come on then you lot Names & Numbers please!!!

I think when someone official gives it the go ahead & its properly arranged fans will be forthcoming, but until then you will have frustrated fans awaiting action rather than excuses! doh

Also for the record I have NOT moaned about the lack of a stand mainly due to the fact I dont use it. doah

There's only room for one moaner on the forum anyway. hairout

I can also assure you if it wasnt an alcohol induced rant on Saturday, then the individual should be embarrased by their behaviour, I was doing them a favour saying it was! beer

You "NEVER" moan Gazza, perleeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!

doah doh halluzinogen

I'm sending over my Trust Subscription tomorrow.

Can't do the official form as my printer is buggered and school doesn't start for two more weeks.

With my subscription (in Australian Dollars..yes it is real money) will be a $50 donation to get the Stand started.

You don't have to name it after me but it would be a nice gesture!

Only kidding about the naming but the money is on its way.

Expecting Gazza, Andy and the crew to put it to good use.

Originally Posted By: waggamick

Only kidding about the naming but the money is on its way.
Expecting Gazza, Andy and the crew to put it to good use.

Those two will probably spend it on golf balls. They get through quite a few each week you know!! grin

.....Also for the record I have NOT moaned about the lack of a stand mainly due to the fact I dont use it. doah.....

doah doh halluzinogen

About the stand, NO,about the football, team selection, formations, manager & coaching staff YES and rightly so, thats what this is here for to air our views, (a few use it to tell us how wonderful they are mind :o) but that is not moaning is it.
Still here's hopeing for the go ahead soon or at least a plan.

Quite agree Andy. but my argument is the same as it has always been, let the Moaners get off their Backsides then and offer help.

Any way Andy why don't you get the ball rollling with some planning you are good at that sort of thing.

duel

I already did with the initial posting. I thought there was a grounds committee to sort things like this out and I am sure they can look into it. Where there's a will......

What a shame that some on here call the comments about either better accomodation ( cover for supporters ) or some hot food ( microwave items or hot food ) are made by MOANERS.

From my point of view - it was not a MOAN, but merely a suggestion.

Why are we not aloud to make suggestions about our Club ( ie - to give supporters better facilities ) without being called MOANERS. I take exception to this.

Some supporters can give up their time to help do things at the ground, others make their contribution with cash at every home game and others, are "JUST" supporters of the Club.

This Club, like most, needs all types of supporter.

We ain't got enough to start call some MOANERS.

Singing from the Railway end on Saturday, whilst standing in the wind and rain SUPPORTING OUR TEAM.....................

WE'RR JUST .. A BUNCH OF MOANERS..

ETC

ETC

Then at half time get a nice burger and chips...............

OH NO.

No hot food to warm us up !!!!!

Only joking of course.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Singing from the Railway end on Saturday, whilst standing in the wind and rain SUPPORTING OUR TEAM.....................

ETC
ETC
Then at half time get a nice burger and chips...............
OH NO.
No hot food to warm us up !!!!!

Only joking of course.

Many a true word spoken in jest!!!

evil2 giggle evil2

duel

I already did with the initial posting. I thought there was a grounds committee to sort things like this out and I am sure they can look into it. Where there's a will......

Nuff said Andy, I'll mention it to Mr Safety Officer & Frank AGAIN!!!!

giggle

.....Also for the record I have NOT moaned about the lack of a stand mainly due to the fact I dont use it. doah.....

doah doh halluzinogen

About the stand, NO,about the football, team selection, formations, manager & coaching staff YES and rightly so, thats what this is here for to air our views, (a few use it to tell us how wonderful they are mind :o) but that is not moaning is it.
Still here's hopeing for the go ahead soon or at least a plan.

Ok Gazza agree to disagree on this one then?

giveup