Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Kentish Town Thread

Greg Dyke - I don't believe Brentford have a game tomorrow, why not pay a visit to the Copthall Stadium in Barnet in the afternoon

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Greg Dyke - I don't believe Brentford have a game tomorrow, why not pay a visit to the Copthall Stadium in Barnet in the afternoon

Or, as i'm unable to bang on his pipe tonight he could attend my game, full of 'local' rivalry... wink

Oops sorry, i'll let you get back to SSML talk bolt

I wasn't planning on going to town as the Islington Gazette never print them when we play midweek, at the moment I'm still working on the programme for tomorrow as it's hard work with two games in a week and when you have to chase the away team for their line up and history etc. Winslow United don't seem to know what day it is and I can see us getting another call at 1.30pm tomorrow saying they've been involved in a traffic accident coming down to London.

You mean for the Harpenden Town game on Wednesday, obviously it wouldn't have made the Islington Gazette's deadline but there is a piece in the paper about the issue with Waltham Forest as I believe they could be in big trouble for poaching other teams players willy nilly. Obviously 'Sugar' doesn't care a less about losing his two barn door merchants at Haringey which says it all but we're far more professional.

Actually to be fair the new guy they have recruited Ry Hardy is better than both of them put together and Ged Searson actually did 'Sugar' a favour by poaching them, that's why he hasn't reported Waltham Forest for an illegal approach. They also have someone called Mark Maher in midfield who is almost as good as Javier, he scored that free kick of Zico proportions against us when we beat them 4-2.

You mean Rak Hudson, he hasn't been on here lately, probably because 'Sugar' has told him not to

Willow the Cat - You actually get a mention in our programme notes for tomorrow:

SATURDAY 23rd FEBRUARY 2008 3.00pm Issue 14 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v WINSLOW UNITED

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Winslow United to our home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Jimmy Hey from High Wycombe and his two Assistants, Mr Dave Carman from Luton and Mr Barry Kyriacou from nearby Tottenham, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr Hey’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so, in particular Paul Williamson, will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Our last fixture here against Harpenden Town on Wednesday evening resulted in a reasonably comfortable 3-1 victory in the end following a somewhat disappointing goalless first period where we struggled to find our feet against dogged opposition playing six men at the back. Once again we were reliant on Lee Scott who netted a superb hat trick to bring his tally to an amazing 19 goals in just 11 outings, just two behind Royston Town’s prolific Craig Hammond. The win put Town back to the summit of the division, three points ahead of Stony Stratford Town and four ahead of title favourites Royston who, by coincidence, meet this afternoon at Garden Walk in what promises to be, on paper at least, the match of the season so far. It is therefore crucial for Town to pick up all three points today against basement side Winslow United who, despite their league position, have somehow managed to collect points at Hoddesdon Town, Cheshunt Reserves and Arlesey Athletic as well as taking all three in an astonishing 7-1 victory at Bedford Town Reserves, clearly they will be no pushovers.

Next Saturday Town travel to Arlesey Athletic where it is always a great pleasure to visit, Hitchin Road boasts one of the best facilities in our division and their hospitality is second to none. With no game scheduled for the following Saturday we then host Royston Town on Wednesday 12 March which has already been billed as ‘a title decider’ although there are at least five other Club’s who would disagree. We expect a huge crowd here on the night including ‘groundhoppers’ from far and wide, as was the case last Wednesday, and a large following from Royston who boast the best support in the division this season.

Many thanks for coming to the Barnet Copthall Stadium and spending your afternoon with us, enjoy the game and may the best team win.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Willow the Cat - You actually get a mention in our programme notes for tomorrow:

SATURDAY 23rd FEBRUARY 2008 3.00pm Issue 14 of 2007/2008
KENTISH TOWN v WINSLOW UNITED
(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Winslow United to our home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Jimmy Hey from High Wycombe and his two Assistants, Mr Dave Carman from Luton and Mr Barry Kyriacou from nearby Tottenham, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr Hey’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so, in particular Paul Williamson, will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.
Don’t worry I will have ten of Her Majesty’s finest pounds ready for Kev at 1645hrs. cheerleader