Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Kentish Town Thread

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Rhodsey your hardly posting now

McMullen - Yes you can blame Football Man for that, I'm fed up to the back teeth with him

Why should I bow down to him and play into his hands though

Of course he's not right, how do you come to that conclusion

Rhodes, I hope that programme is ready after the hours I spent removing the swimming pool amounts of water of the pitch today!!! I feel as old as Horace at the moment and will be back there tomorrow to finish off a few bits, but I’m 80% confident that (if the big man doesn’t use his toilet tonight) the game will be on.

Reminds me of the good old days when I was down at Coles Park at 6.00 on a Saturday morning but never got a word of thanks from 'Sugar' for my efforts and for nearly ending up in the divorce courts. Yes the programme for tomorrow is complete and just needs stapling together.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
I see you have just had your 1st call up to the '1st XI sub bench' congratulations.... oh and in that case i want my money back!!!!

I don’t like it in the first team, it’s real ‘clicky’ can I join the reserves again! bawling
Right lets see, there’s approx 33 million people that work and pay taxes – you are 1 of theses I assume therefore how would you like your 0.000001 pence, Cash, Check or Postal Order!

Oh and before any sad git out there does the maths DON’T it’s a guess.

Here is a sneak preview of our programme notes for tomorrow, those of you who would like a programme feel free to PM me and I will be delighted to put one in the post:

SATURDAY 2nd FEBRUARY 2008 3.00pm Issue 12 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v BEDFORD TOWN RESERVES

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Bedford Town Reserves to our home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Sean O’Neil from Cranfield and his two Assistants, Mr Richard Willson from Barton Le Clay and Mr Mark Hopcroft from Dunstable, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr O Neil’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Our last fixture here was as long ago as 15 December against Sun Postal Sports, it was by no means a classic however we did enough to secure the three points thanks to two second half strikes by deadly duo Jonathan Donoghue and Lee Scott who had both come off the bench after the interval when it looked like it might not be our day against the basement side. Since then we have been all dressed up with nowhere to go on no less than three Saturday’s and our home fixtures with Royston Town, Cranfield United and Bedford all fell foul of the wet weather with our Copthall Stadium home waterlogged. This afternoon’s eagerly awaited encounter with Bedford Town Reserves should go ahead with no further rain forecast and the hallowed turf looking in reasonable condition as this programme goes to print.

Bedford Town Reserves are still somewhat of an unknown quantity and have been blowing hot and cold all season since joining the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1 having come from the Bedfordshire County Reserve League last season where they completed an impressive league and cup double as well as adding the Bedfordshire Intermediate Cup to their trophy cabinet at The Eyrie. The team appear to have found their level and despite eight disappointing home defeats this season, including a 7-1 drubbing by Winslow United, they have won six times on the road. Clearly, as is also the case with Cheshunt Reserves this season, Bedford Town Reserves are acting as a feeder team for Bedford Town which no doubt explains their erratic form however they should not be underestimated in any way shape or form as their fine point in a 1-1 draw at Sport London e Benfica last week proved.

Town go into this afternoon’s fixture as high as kites following last weeks 6-0 victory at Brache Sparta where, up until then, the Foxdell Recreation Ground had always been a graveyard for us. A report on the game can be viewed in this programme however special praise has to be heaped on Lee Scott for scoring five of the goals all from similar positions when being put through by defence splitting passes. The win saw Town return to the summit of Division 1 on goal difference from both Stony Stratford Town and Hoddesdon Town, with Haringey Borough three points away in fourth place following their surprise 3-1 reverse at Cranfield United. Hoddesdon and Haringey entertain Ampthill Town and Amersham Town respectively today whilst Stony Stratford are in Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup Quarter Final action against minnows Binfield. They will no doubt be far more interested in events at the Copthall Stadium, Lowfield and Coles Park than their own Ostlers Lane home where we travel to next Saturday in a crucial ‘winner takes all’ contest.

On 5 January Town travelled the short distance to Hanwell Town’s impressive stadium where we locked horns once again with Sport London e Benfica. As fully expected it was a blood and thunder encounter which could have gone either way and the 0-0 scoreline was arguably a fair one after a pulsating ninety minutes play. Town clearly missed the services of man mountain Jonathan Donoghue at Reynolds Field who is still suspended this afternoon following his dismissal here against Sun Postal Sports however Stony Stratford Town must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing him at Ostlers Lane next Saturday when he will be itching to be let off the leash.

Off the field of play Town have been busy and an exciting partnership has been painstakingly set up with our illustrious neighbours Arsenal under Central Government’s National Community Football Project entitled ‘Kickz’. Arsenal are one of 25 Clubs across the Country, including all of the Premiership, that have rolled out the innovative scheme and want Town to work hand in hand with them. We will be relying on our Coaches Clement Temile, Hector Varela and Keith Stanfield to put in a bit of overtime to ensure the project is a success, indeed it was noticeable that Arsenal pricked up their ears on hearing that Clement and Hector are planning to commit themselves to the Club for another season despite both of them being headhunted on a virtual daily basis by Club’s from a much higher level than our own.

Many thanks for coming this afternoon and enjoy the game.

Minnows Binfield hey, should be a good game that one if Binfield play their 1st team, they are not a bad side, playing at same level as Stony. I would rate Binfield as one of the better Step 6 clubs I have come across. But hey what do I know??

Willo just strike some of the warm up balls at the 1st choice keeper a little too hard in the warm up mate, trust me you wont want to be sat on bench tomorrow, gonna be fecking freezing!!!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
those of you who would like a programme feel free to PM me and I will be delighted to put one in the post

Ill have one please. I believe you have my address. Pop the money in that you owe me while you're at it mate.

Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr O Neils decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Your poor players must cringe every time they read this particular piece of official butt kissing in every home programme!!

They will no doubt be far more interested in events at the Copthall Stadium, Lowfield and Coles Park than their own Ostlers Lane home where we travel to next Saturday in a crucial winner takes all contest.

Yeah cos a Cup Quarter Final is meaningless I guess....

Town clearly missed the services of man mountain Jonathan Donoghue at Reynolds Field who is still suspended this afternoon following his dismissal here against Sun Postal Sports however Stony Stratford Town must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing him at Ostlers Lane next Saturday when he will be itching to be let off the leash.

I can't believe the players don't pull you up for writing this rubbish!! How embarrassing!

indeed it was noticeable that Arsenal pricked up their ears on hearing that Clement and Hector are planning to commit themselves to the Club for another season despite both of them being headhunted on a virtual daily basis by Clubs from a much higher level than our own.

Bullsh|t