Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting thought

More nonsense. 10 yard rule. More you moan the more the refs walk the ball closer to your goal. If it is direct and it ends up in the area it is a penalty. I reckon that would work smile

not a bad idea. I'm a big fan of the way Rugby referees handle a match and how they speak to players and the captain in particular. I think it can only be a positive for the game.

Would it be a rule that lasts though.... it wouldnt be the 1st time a rule was brought out - only for it not to last the season.

EG: Tackle from behind.....Implemented at USA 94.

Also dissent from a free kick - freekick awarded 10 yds closer to goal if any dissent. Dont see that these days!

Hence the 7 minute gap SL. Killed myself laughing.

Rugby is great but the only way we will get that is from youth football. You will not get that from todays guys. I think players should be allowed to speak with the ref. I would actually miss that part of the game if they couldnt. when they brought the 10 yard rule in the refs had to caution and could only move the ball once at any one time. That prevented it from being a success cos the Refs didnt want to caution for that so it didnt happen very often. Remove the need for the caution and let the ref keep walking it. You moan about an offside a couple of times and suddenley it is in shooting range. They will soon shut up moaning then.

What happens if your captain is the keeper and the incident is up the other end of the pitch!!! Lots of running involved!!

Agree something needs to be done along the lines of rugby though, as the refs don't get abuse from the players as they know thier team will be punished which could result in points being scored.

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
What happens if your captain is the keeper and the incident is up the other end of the pitch!!! Lots of running involved!!
Agree something needs to be done along the lines of rugby though, as the refs don't get abuse from the players as they know thier team will be punished which could result in points being scored.

Is someone fishing for the armband after the mass exodus??!!

Haha been there, done it, got the t-shirt!!

IMO keepers shouldn't really be captain as they can't get amongst their players and drive them forward when needs be (esp when the game is up the other end of the pitch!)

Agree with Kroons comment though, remove the pointless caution and just keep walking it!

In my opinion it should be your cautioned if you

1. swear at an official

2. Crowd

3. opposing player if it's threatning, but i've been caught unintentionally and screamed out "you [****!!****]" but thats due more to the pain i was feeling rather than at him.

4. At your team motivational wise (no need for it)

err thats all i can think of cus my line manager is being well busy

I also agree with the 10 yard movement without a caution. It works in rugby that they can keep moving it without sin-binning. The problem that happened a few years ago is that people would deliberatley maon at the ref to get it moved to the edge of the box to make it difficult for the taker to execute a shot on goal.

I also believe that managers are a problem as well. If players see their manager effin and blinding at an official, then the playersassume that it is ok for them to do it. Its childish I know, but it happens.