Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div 1 Cup Final

I note that this season's Div 1 Cup Final is between Ampthill Town and Haringey Borough. Well done to both sides. Surely the only sensible thing to do with a game such as this is make it an all-ticket affair at Copthall Stadium? Perhaps the Athletics Club would be so kind as to allow the SSML use of the ground for this occasion?

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I note that this season's Div 1 Cup Final is between Ampthill Town and Haringey Borough. Well done to both sides. Surely the only sensible thing to do with a game such as this is make it an all-ticket affair at Copthall Stadium? Perhaps the Athletics Club would be so kind as to allow the SSML use of the ground for this occasion?

This is a game i will watch if possible.

No doubt Rhodes will be in attendance, I would take great pleasure in being introduced to him...so would my parents,but
the icing on the cake would be if the spursfan would have
the courage to show his face, although i very much doubt it
as he has spent too long hiding on the forum to change his spineless way now

So 'we' won tonight then, were you there. I don't see why the final can't be hosted at the Copthall Stadium but doesn't it ideally need to be midway between the two Club's involved, playing it at Copthall would surely favour 'us' and Ampthill wouldn't agree.

See me where, you don't know where the game is going to be played yet. Anyway your Mummy might not let you go as if it's extra time and penalties you're unlikely to be home much before midnight and you'll have School the following day

Quote:

BOROUGH REACH THE FINAL
A scintillating display of attacking football which swept aside the semi-final challenge of Harpenden Town put Borough's First Team into a knock out competition Final for the first time since season 1997/98.
Their 4-0 win means that they will face Ampthill Town in the Final of the Spartan South Midlands League Division One Cup at a venue and on a date to be announced. Ampthill Town were 2-1 winners at Buckingham Athletic in the other semi-final.

Many congratulations to Haringey Borough for reaching the Division 1 Cup Final this evening, in particular to Leon Rolle, Mark Maher, Tommy Lambourne who were instrumental in getting 'us' there.

Congrats to Haringey who soundly beat us in the QF. Nice to see them doing well in the cup. Sugar is a real visionary, as is the manager and deserve a pat on the back.

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Congrats to Haringey who soundly beat us in the QF. Nice to see them doing well in the cup. Sugar is a real visionary, as is the manager and deserve a pat on the back

Jonno - Is that what you honestly think, like losing at Cranfield United and at home to Amersham Town you mean which has all but put paid to 'our' promotion hopes

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

[congratulations to Haringey Borough for reaching the Division 1 Cup Final this evening, in particular to Leon Rolle, Mark Maher, Tommy Lambourne who were instrumental in getting 'us' there.

Do keep up old boy Lambourne hasn't played since about November. try reading the teamsheet from the website

Tourboy - Yes lets hope it does, 'we' were certainly struggling before last Saturday and I'm sure Allan Fenn was one game away from jumping ship

Can anyone make sense of the above?

Seems like a contadiction to me but hey what do i know?

Secondly can someone please clarify. Am I about to sack Allan or is he about to leave?

10 goals in 3 days and one og against. We must both be really unhappy.

PS Thanks Jonno and TB look forward to seeing you both on 11th March

Tringarmy - It won't take much, a bit of light drizzle should be enough to get the game off or jump over the wall with a watering can on Friday night

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Sugar is a real visionary

Jonno - How you can say this is beyond me however you seem to be as thick as thieves with 'Sugar' all of a sudden, I note that he even said he was looking forward to seeing you next month when you're due to visit Coles Park, light drizzle permitting, but how can that be as you don't travel away do you

I don't travel away?? Since when??

Cliff, you have a terrible track record when it comes to trying to plot Football Mans movements, so I would suggest that you don't start trying to plot mine!!

And all you need to know "Cliff" is that I will be present at The Copthall Stadium when our two sides meet in the league, not only to watch an entertaining game of football and enjoy your now legendary hospitality but also, to collect the money you owe me and hand out some very overdue consequences!