Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 16th Feb

destroyed Harringay and Kentish forward lines now then, does this guy dislike you Rhodes?! (although Harringay coped quite well last week !! bawling).

Good results away from home today Special1 looking forward to next week, got my side back together as a unit just on cue smile.. if we pull a victory we will be 1 point behind you, really think it could be a good game we will try and get it down and do it the right way as i know you preach my youngsters are developing and i have bought in another from the U18's.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
destroyed Harringay and Kentish forward lines now then, does this guy dislike you Rhodes?! (although Harringay coped quite well last week !! bawling).

McMullen - I always had Ged Searson down as a decent guy and I have to say that I'm surprised and disappointed he has done this to both Haringey and Kentish Town. The two Haringey players however are real barn door merchants and won't last five minutes at Waltham Forest whereas Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue could well use them as a stepping stone to the Conference or Football League where Lee certainly belongs

Sorry i really should punctuate!!!!!!!, i was refering to the style of play being a passing game, there should have been a comma before the last bit!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Special1
McMullen

You're on a high and we're on a low - Just my luck! Should be a good one either way.

Don't remember me preaching anything about your youngsters though or are you refering to Rhodes?

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Leverstock Green 1-3 Langford

An anorak from another's Forum was at this game:

Leverstock Green 1 Langford 3
Spartan South Midlands League Premier

Admission: £5, attendance: 56

Decent game - first I've seem in the SSML. Langford started strongly, but faded as the first half went on and the home side went in 1-0 up at the break. Shortly after half time the visitor's manager was sent off (so spent the rest of the game stood behind the dugout) following an altercation with the ref (who was shockingly inconsistent). Langford spent the rest of the game playing like they had at the start of the first half, and were comfortable winners, at least partially thanks to the home 'keeper having a bad day and a comical own goal.

Quite a basic ground; a couple of benches under the clubhouse's veranda were the only spectator facilities beyond some hardstanding around a railed-off pitch. Nevertheless, the club officials were very friendly and the bacon butty was excellent.

First 3pm kick-off I've seen this year where the floodlights were not called into action.

St Margaretsbury 1-1 Brimsdown Rovers

An anorak from another's Forum was at this game:

St. Margaretsbury 1 Brimsdown Rovers 1 SSML Premier

By co-incidence this was my first ever SSML Premier (though I had experienced the SM in the early nineties) and I drove through Leverstock Green (M1 avoidance tactics) at 2 o'clock and did wonder about stopping there. I wish I had.
During the week I saw a 1-1 draw in the Midland Alliance between neighbours Alvechurch and Studley. It had a decent amount of skill and was played competitively but with some good banter between the benches and officials.
The "game" at St. Margaretsbury was appalling. Not just the lack of the skill but the confrontational and immature attitude of the managements and players. The officials must have been thinking about abandonment when they gathered together and stood for several minutes in the middle of the pitch after Brimsdown's late equaliser.
But the game continued to its end and then both teams decided they wanted to stay on the pitch, ostensibly to warm down, but in reality in the hope that the referee would leave and they could get on with what they wanted.
I don't kno

Amersham Town 0-0 New Bradwell St Peter

New Bradwell must be kicking themselves at the two points they dropped on Saturday, surprisingly they blamed the pitch but I thought that Spratley's Meadow had one of the best playing surfaces:

A point gained or a point lost? Difficult to say. Amersham were good going forward and caused us some problems at times, without looking truly dangerous, although we missed a series of good chances in both halves and could have sewn the game up in the first half but for an incredible refereeing decision.

We almost took the lead when the home keeper lost the ball when he went to ground. Dean Robb stole the ball before firing wide when well placed. Dave Cole, Greg Tite and Lea Coulter continued to try to play neat football but the pitch got the better of us on many occasions when we were in good positions. One move cut the home side open but saw Robb shoot wide after a flowing move.

A few minutes later, Lea Coulter "scored" from 20 yards only for the referee to blow his whilstle for a foul which happened a few seconds earlier when Coulter had been tripped by a defender. The Bradwell top scorer had managed to keep his feet but the referee claimed to have been trying to play the advantage, for Bradwell!! A really strange decision which cost us a goal.

The closest the home side came to scoring was when a fierce cross-shot was pushed over by the alert Tom Kennard in the Bradwell goal. The corner, like many others that Amersham had, came to nothing.

The game was continually held up when players went down on the hard ground. The pitch has many stones just below the surface causing several Amersham players to stay down when being tackled. I am trying to be diplomatic. (I could just say that they dived like dolphins and stayed down, trying to slow the game down to a walking pace, but I might be getting myself in to trouble by saying so. One might even suggest that the referee fell for it.)

The second half mirrored the first with Bradwell having the better of the chances with Dean Robb and Greg Tite going close for Bradwell. The home side had the chance to win the game in the closing minutes though when a mistake allowed them through for a one on one. This was brilliantly saved by Kennard, who had been untroubled for the majority of the game.

A tough trip for Bradwell against a side who can play well on their day. The pitch didn't help the attempts to play flowing football, neither did some of the officials decisions. A point at places like this are no longer good enough for Bradwell and Amersham will be the happier of the two sides.

Line up: Tom Kennard, Mike Downard, Mihir Patel, Rob Mooney, Paul Stokes, Ed Wheatley, Lea Coulter, Greg Tite, Dean Robb, Dave King, Dave Cole Subs not used; Jason Robinson, Martyn Lee.

Originally Posted By: kentish_town
i still aint ruling you out if you win your game in hand

You're the only one then

Cheshunt Reserves 0-4 Royston Town

There doesn't appear to be any stopping Royston Town at present, well not until Wednesday 12 March that is:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED21%20Feb%202008%2015%3A04%3A17%3A083