Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 20th Feb

WEDNESDAY 20th

HERTS CHARITY SHIELD

Colney Heath 0-2 Royston Town

(42) Anthony Townsend 67, 90

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade Town 3-1 Aylesbury Vale

Keith Thomas 25, 60 (33) Sam Cooley 72

Jamie Steele 44

DIVISION ONE

Kentish Town 3-1 Harpenden Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

Leverstock Green 0-1 Cockfosters

Sawbridgeworth Town 0-0 Hertford Town

Football Man - We half expected to see you at the Copthall Stadium this evening and had the red carpet at the ready, what made you go to Colney Heath

Jonno - Try checking the first post of this thread, I'm not sure why the goalscorers were ommitted (Lee Scott (3) and Chris Jones) and the attendance, we were swamped with groundhoppers tonight from far flung places like Leeds, York, Wolverhampton and, wait for it, Oban in Scotland.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Jonno - Try checking the first post of this thread, I'm not sure why the goalscorers were ommitted (Lee Scott (3) and Chris Jones) and the attendance, we were swamped with groundhoppers tonight from far flung places like Leeds, York, Wolverhampton and, wait for it, Oban in Scotland.

Attendance was 5 then ?

No, I think the official figure was 48, at least half were groundhoppers from far and wide and they all left shaking their heads

Doesn't that go without saying, firstly for the way they were treated, like Lords, and secondly for witnessing the hat trick from Lee Scott, one of the groundhopper's exact words were 'I saw it but I still don't believe it'.

This weekend

Cranfield United v New Bradwell St Peter

Hoddesdon Town v Buckingham Athletic

Kentish Town v Winslow United

Royston Town v Stony Stratford Town

Sport London e Benfica v Bedford

Kentish Town ...........25 47

Stony Stratford Town ...22 44

Royston Town ............23 43

Haringey Borough ........23 43

Hoddesdon Town .........22 43

New Bradwell St Peter ..23 42

Sport London e Benfica .24 40

The 2nd and 3rd club meet...Haringay dont play

...should be a good weekend for KTFC !

Certainly a must win for Hoddesdon as there next three games are Haringey, Stony and Royston I think?

Originally Posted By: Special1
I believe by the end of the 12th of March, we will all know who the winner is and possibly the second in line.

I don't believe that to be the case at all infact it's absolute nonsense. Even if, as expected, we beat Royston on 12 March they are still likely to have a game or two in hand of us as will a number of other Club's in contention and we will still have to meet Hoddesdon Town at home who I bet are already shaking in their boots at the prospect.

Rhodes !!

When we beat Royston !!!???

Is that just your arrogance or are you being just disrespectfull !!

Why not play the game on Wed 12th March and wait until full time and wait until full time before gloating !!

On the other hand I think I will print it off and give to manager Paul Attfield before the game. I'm sure could be an extra incentive to the players !!

Well done Rhodes good thinking that. THANKYOU !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Colney Heath 0-2 Royston Town
(42) Anthony Townsend 67, 90

A report on the above from the Hertfordshire Mercury, Football Man still hasn't told us why he was one of the 42 in attendance

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury%2Dsport/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=258399

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Is that just your arrogance or are you being just disrespectfull !!

The Watchfull Listener - Are the extracts below from our programme on 29 December showing disrespect to Royston Town:

We will all be in the company of greatness at the Barnet Copthall Stadium this afternoon and just for once this does not refer to Town’s own Head Coach Clement Temile. Royston’s Assistant Manager is no other than ex Tottenham and Ireland star Tony Galvin who played 262 times for Spurs winning two FA Cup winners medals in 1981 and 1982 and a UEFA Cup winners medal in 1984. Tony has also played 29 times for the Emerald Isle and was part of the squad at the 1988 European Championship Finals, his other Club’s include Sheffield Wednesday and Swindon Town where he was Assistant at the County Ground to Osvaldo Ardiles. Tony has never forgotten his roots when he first started out playing for Goole Town in the Northern Premier League prior to being spotted and his heart is now very much at grass roots level having recently helped Herts Senior County League outfit Buntingford Town reach the second round proper of the prestigious FA Youth Cup. Royston’s experienced Manager Paul Attfield was also at Buntingford and the pair are close friends who have hit the ground running in no uncertain terms since arriving at Garden Walk.

We would like to thank the Royston Committee once again for their kind hospitality on the night as the Club appeared to be falling apart around their ears however the hard work in getting back on their feet in such a short space of time is paying handsome dividends with all the top sides in the division looking over their shoulders in a state of panic.