Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The 61 FC (Luton) On Sky Sports News

The Spurs Fan - You're spot on as always, it's obvious Hordes just comes on here to get a reaction, he's clearly not interested in football as he rarely, if at all, posts anything about the beautiful game and has never indicated which team he supposedly follows.

AWK - I see that an anorak from another's Forum was at Swansea last night, I suppose you didn't go:

Friday: Swansea City 1 Luton Town 0 (Coca Cola League 1)

Admission £19 prog. £3

Nice ground,shame about the game! At least I have the 92 complete for this season and I avoided my first 0-0 of the season with a 79th minute goal.

Swans were on top for most of the game but created few chances. It took a (deserved) sending-off of a Luton player before they could score the only goal through Thomas Butler.

The programme was totally different to all the other league issues I have got this season. There were no colourful bar-charts showing how many goals each team had scored in the 85th minute, instead all the content related to the two teams playing that night. There were also few adverts.

By going via Hereford I got from Northampton to Swansea for £56. Would have been £90 or more going via London.

Where do I begin?

"Little wonder then that the Copthall Stadium was awash with press today looking for an interview with Scott"

He means that he's writing a piece to swamp the media with!

"as well as with Kentish Town's high profile Head Coach Clement Temile who is in line for the vacant Nigeria job following Bertie Vogts recent departure"

Now we really are back in Rhodesworld!

"Town now lead the SSML Division 1 by 4 points from title favourites Royston Town who have 2 games in hand, the two meet on Wednesday 12 March at the Copthall Stadium in a potential title decider when a gate in access of 200 is expected. "

Why is a gate of in access (sic) of 200 expected? Where will they come from?

Horace - You're up early on a Sunday, I suppose an early bird catches the worm but in this instance you haven't caught anything and neither has Football Man. I'm assuming that at least 50 of the expcted 200 crowd on 12 March will be from the delights of Royston taking into account their home crowds of 200 plus and that the game is a title decider.

As my brief piece on another's Forum states the press turned up yesterday on the back of what happened last week with Waltham Forest and 'the great one' applying for the vacant Nigeria job, news certainly travels fast as I only sent the expression of interest off on Friday to the Secretary General of the Nigerian FA in deepest Lagos.

Horace - Seeing as it's the only SSML fixture anywhere that night and assuming there is no Champions League football on tv suely that goes without saying.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
news certainly travels fast as I only sent the expression of interest off on Friday to the Secretary General of the Nigerian FA in deepest Lagos.

Does 'the great one' know you applied on his behalf?

If he gets the job, no doubt he will want to take you with him as his invaluable off pitch right hand man, press agent and red carpet roller. I hear the internet isn't the best in Lagos so perhaps you need to start preparing your goodbyes to all your friends on here.

Wader - I won't be following 'the great one' to Africa if, as fully expected, Clement gets the Nigeria job and besides he is still likely to reside in London, at least in the short term as he won't be obliged to base himself over there. I did the same for 'the great' Kenny Dyer when he left Haringey Borough in 2005 and left no stone unturned in liaising with the Montserrat FA on his behalf, needless to say he is now firmly in place as their National Coach.

I did the same for 'the great' Kenny Dyer when he left Haringey Borough in 2005 and left no stone unturned in liaising with the Montserrat FA on his behalf, needless to say he is now firmly in place as their National Coach.

Hmmmm, that appointment must have caused an eruption! Did he start there in 1995? He must have his work cut out with a population of 5,000 to sift through to find a team of 11 starters.

When you next visit him Rhodes can I recommend Andy's Internet Cafe, BBC Building, Main Road, Brades.

Originally Posted By: Wader
news certainly travels fast as I only sent the expression of interest off on Friday to the Secretary General of the Nigerian FA in deepest Lagos.

Does 'the great one' know you applied on his behalf?

If he gets the job, no doubt he will want to take you with him as his invaluable off pitch right hand man, press agent and red carpet roller. I hear the internet isn't the best in Lagos so perhaps you need to start preparing your goodbyes to all your friends on here.

As Temile can hardly be described as "local" to the Nigerian FA, we can safely assume that he isn't on the shortlist and that there are at least 12 better candidates.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=698785.html#nigeria+name+vogts+successor+thursday