Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

bookham v raynes park vale

Badfont boy

Point was fair in a scrappy game, neither side really deserved then win, Bookham had good chances early on but looked uncomfortable at the back early on.

Referee did not allow the game to flow, stopping for every bit of contact but he was consistant through the game.

I was at the game last night in support of the mighty McQueen and I agree, the ref was minging!! I overheard somebody say that he was the ref who wrote the article posted on another thread regarding respect and discipline from managers... I've seen him ref games a few times before, a couple of which I've been involved in, and he's even collared me on a night out before and decided to tell me how good he was. In my (impartial) opinion, the first step he needs to make in gaining respect from players/managers/spectators is to concentrate on improving his own performance and not about trying to generate a 'fan club'

Think I saw Mick T in a worse hat than mine but was too scared to enter the cloud of smoke (and skinheads) that surrounded him!

Originally Posted By: Rattled07
I was at the game last night in support of the mighty McQueen and I agree, the ref was minging!! I overheard somebody say that he was the ref who wrote the article posted on another thread regarding respect and discipline from managers... I've seen him ref games a few times before, a couple of which I've been involved in, and he's even collared me on a night out before and decided to tell me how good he was. In my (impartial) opinion, the first step he needs to make in gaining respect from players/managers/spectators is to concentrate on improving his own performance and not about trying to generate a 'fan club'

Can you confirm this Teffs?

If so i've gotta say that Rattled's description is spot on and doesn't suprise in the slightest.

Originally Posted By: El_Gaffer
Originally Posted By: Rattled07

Can you confirm this Teffs?

If so i've gotta say that Rattled's description is spot on and doesn't suprise in the slightest.

Erm....YES, like the attention wink

Yes Rattled that WAS the referee in question. Incidently - Why didn't you introduce yourself ?

A certain person standing by me reckoned that the referee is due to have a whistle grafted to his lips so he doesn't have to keep putting it, (the whistle that is), in his mouth !

Egotistical, or what ???

My apologies mate.

I'd been very busy talking shop with J.C. earlier in the bar, then the Bookham officials, then the referee, after passing the pitch fit decided he wanted a little work done on the club-house end goal-mouth a few minutes before k.o.

I think it's me age, coz I am getting a little confused.