Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston V Stony Stratford

I think it gives full details of the brawl in the attached link to the Royston Crow but you will need to register to read it if you can be bothered. Hopefully the Watchfull Listener will be on later when he gets home from work in Nottingham:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/flatfiles/eeditions/roystoncrow.aspx

As some of you will no Bedford F.C prior to this regime had a rather bad discipline, a brawl at Hoddy that Touryboy and others may remember is still being paid off (fine), will this dual offence of Olney and Royston (alledgely)be punishable in the same way or was the fine to Bedford an over kill by the inconsistant F.A. This isn't a dig at Stoney more the league/F.A who continually make money off the back of clubs so called indescretions, it is a mens game full of passion and pride where at the business end of the season results are everything maybe we should all stop fueling the F.A's fire and play these incidents down.

An interesting post from someone on New Bradwell St Peter's Forum. We also had about 30 young lads giving us abuse towards the end of the proceedings and you can see why The Watchfull Listener said Royston admit Under 16's for free seemingly for that very reason to put the opposition off:

I spoke to Steve Sartain from Stony this morning, it looks quite a serious issue. Royston failed to control their crowd, those young lads giving it large at the end of our game were at it again, spitting and stuff at the Stony players coming off the pitch. Stony have been fined £150 for "multi disciplinary team" issues already and it doesn't look as if it's finished there.

The row in the bar was over a Royston chav hitting an elderly chap, Darren Dykes stepped in. The Police were called to take the chav away. Dyksie was sticking up for the elderly fella, fair play. Marc Redsull, Adam Castawotsit and Boony all have bans coming up and Darren Dykes faces a disciplinary hearing. This one will roll on. The Olney Town thing isn't finished yet either.

Rhodesys apologists on here must cringe like the rest of us at such sensationalist trouble stirring and sniping from their behemoth loon.

There's a village somewhere looking for an idiot like you Rhodes. Or is it a case of someone else not replying to one of your applications?

Wader - Reading between the lines are you referring to Stony Stratford Town's vacancy for a fixture Secretary

The Spurs Fan - Wader is becoming another Football Man in his old age and that's a shame as I held him in higher regard than that, there's no need for him to stoop that low.

Deduct Royston 10 points... no make it 15!!!!! yay

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
An interesting post from someone on New Bradwell St Peter's Forum. We also had about 30 young lads giving us abuse towards the end of the proceedings and you can see why The Watchfull Listener said Royston admit Under 16's for free seemingly for that very reason to put the opposition off:

I spoke to Steve Sartain from Stony this morning, it looks quite a serious issue. Royston failed to control their crowd, those young lads giving it large at the end of our game were at it again, spitting and stuff at the Stony players coming off the pitch. Stony have been fined £150 for "multi disciplinary team" issues already and it doesn't look as if it's finished there.

The row in the bar was over a Royston chav hitting an elderly chap, Darren Dykes stepped in. The Police were called to take the chav away. Dyksie was sticking up for the elderly fella, fair play. Marc Redsull, Adam Castawotsit and Boony all have bans coming up and Darren Dykes faces a disciplinary hearing. This one will roll on. The Olney Town thing isn't finished yet either.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
............edited comment.......
for crying out loud when will you all stop slagging off the piano player and listen to the tune?

That is a very serious allegation TSF. If this is pointed to Royston Town FC I suggest you provide the evidence, clarify your statement or retract your comment.

If Rhodes is the piano player, then his instrument needs some serious tuning or he requires lessons.

Originally Posted By: Wader
That is a very serious allegation TSF. If this is pointed to Royston Town FC I suggest you provide the evidence, clarify your statement or retract your comment

Wader - I'll be prepared to back The Spurs Fan up on that as I have seen these youngsters with my own eyes. They all congregated behind our goal with some fifteen minutes remaining, and with us leading 4-1, hurling abuse at our young keeper and trying to put him off. This also appeared to buoy Royston's performance and they pulled it back to 4-3, to the keepers enormous credit he pulled off two or three saves of Banks in Guadalajara proportions otherwise they would have served their purpose.

Hold on i thought you were the dutch masters of 74 Rhodsey.. Banks was English wink

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Wader
That is a very serious allegation TSF. If this is pointed to Royston Town FC I suggest you provide the evidence, clarify your statement or retract your comment

Wader - I'll be prepared to back The Spurs Fan up on that as I have seen these youngsters with my own eyes. They all congregated behind our goal with some fifteen minutes remaining, and with us leading 4-1, hurling abuse at our young keeper and trying to put him off. This also appeared to buoy Royston's performance and they pulled it back to 4-3, to the keepers enormous credit he pulled off two or three saves of Banks in Guadalajara proportions otherwise they would have served their purpose.

Accusing a club of serving alcohol to under 16's is not a serious allegation?

And your 'no idea if Royston do this' innocent feigning is deplorable. You know full well who you couched your comment to.

If you insist on playing with Rhodes on his piano, I suggest you wise up a bit as to how this particular game of puerile point scoring works without landing yourself in court. Your duet partner clearly has more experience than you in this field.

Wriggling doesn't alter your ill advised allegation.

If you want a debate about under age drinking I'm all for it. But not on the terms of hanging a particular club without any evidence whatsoever. Your craven desire to impress Rhodes is all a bit unseemly now.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Fancy a crawl tomorrow to check it out?

I'm pretty sure Wader will be otherwise engaged tomorrow at Harefield United but you could always meet him there.
We are currently seeing the side to Wader where he comes out all guns blazing as he hates to be backed into corners. The first time I saw his dark side was when Gavin confronted him on here following Biggleswade Town's visit to Edgware at the end of last season, accusing him of giving it the big one in their boardroom, it wasn't pretty and he gave it to Gavin with both barrels.