Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 4th March

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
Is that why you have ended up living in squalour with six urchins (not the Hornchurch type) roaming the streets?

Another comment to suggest that you know me well, you also haven't answered how you knew I wasn't at Arlesey Athletic last week

Rhodes - I'm sorry that k33per No. 1 felt obliged to post that. It was more to be expected form his alter ego, "hordes"! Even then, uncalled for.

Horace - You don't need to apologise for Keeper No One, you're not his keeper but thanks anyway, I know you're a decent bloke at the end of the day and hold old school values

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Stony Stratford Town 0-2 Hoddesdon Town

A report on another's Forum which seems to blow Southmidsfan's argument out of the water that Stony Stratford are a unfriendly Club. It's about three quarters of the way down the thread, good hunting but blame HTFCew if you can't find it. Hoddesdon's version of events is on their Website by the way although no doubt somewhat biased:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=75153;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=3056524

Never said unfriendly and those plans have been up in their clubhouse for years.

Do we know whether Stony Stratford will be expressing their wish to be promoted to the Premier Division by the 31 March deadline should, in the unlikely event, they finish in the top two. If so we will know that they plan to carry out the work however they will have their work cut out to complete it in time for the start of next season, indeed I believe they would need it to be completed by a certain time as was the case with Brache Sparta in 2005/2006 which enabled 'us' to stay in the Premier Division.

So in other words Stony Stratford can be promoted if they finish first or second, surely you won't want that trek of Himalaya proportions from the club house to the pitch and back if you go there next season, twice if you're gasping for a cup of tea at half time.

So in other words Stony Stratford can be promoted if they finish first or second, surely you won't want that trek of Himalaya proportions from the club house to the pitch and back if you go there next season, twice if you're gasping for a cup of tea at half time.

Is it uphill? I'd take a flask.

I'd rather go there then have to miss an away game if KT get promoted.

What do you mean by that, wouldn't you come to the Copthall Stadium next season then if we go up, you've no idea what you would be missing

HTFCew - I find that view very negative and am disappointed in you. Anybody who has been to our Stadium this season to watch a match, in particular groundhoppers, will verify that the view is second to none and one can really get engrossed in the action as if it is a normal ground, unlike at Croydon for example where you need binoculars and the facilities are poor. We also go out of our way to press the flesh of spectators and ask if they are enjoying themselves which you don't get at other grounds.

HTFCew - We also go out of our way to press the flesh of spectators and ask if they are enjoying themselves which you don't get at other grounds.

You think that will encourage her to visit?

Why not, it's all part of the Kentish Town experience after you hand over your £4.00 at the gate, we're very different to other Club's in our approach

Not sure if I can make it now... looks like we've got a reserve game that evening, a nice little away trip to Sawbo, what fun!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Not sure if I can make it now... looks like we've got a reserve game that evening, a nice little away trip to Sawbo, what fun!

Watch out! Sawbo seemed to have signed a whole new team and have started winning.

To be fair we have to watch out whoever we are playing regardless of who they have signed laugh

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

Watch out! Sawbo seemed to have signed a whole new team and have started winning.

I think its called their first team! When our ressies played there the other week nine of their first team (ESL) signed for their ressies (SSML) on the night! I don't think Billy was best pleased.

He can't really complain as he has a squad of players that are pretty much all first team capable!!

Why not, it's all part of the Kentish Town experience after you hand over your £4.00 at the gate, we're very different to other Club's in our approach

It would deter me from attending! Sounds a bit like when I used to have to attend the chapel service before being allowed into the Youth Club!

I bet if it were any other Club you would be there like a shot and wouldn't be so dismissive of what we are trying to do, I think a lot more Club's should wear their hearts on their sleeve and not let money be their God like you tend to do at Hertford Town