Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15th March

PREMIER DIVISION

Beaconsfield SYCOB 3-0 Aylesbury Vale

Biggleswade United 2-2 Biggleswade Town

Chalfont St Peter 4-0 Langford

Cockfosters 0-1 Brimsdown Rovers

Hanwell Town TBA Tring Athletic

Kick off 3.45pm

Harefield United 2-1 Oxhey Jets

Hertford Town 3-0 Colney Heath

Leverstock Green 4-0 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Ruislip Manor 0-2 Holmer Green

St Margaretsbury 4-2 London Colney

Welwyn Garden City 3-2 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers

DIVISION ONE

Arlesey Athletic 0-1 Ampthill Town

Bedford 0-2 New Bradwell St Peter

Buckingham Athletic 0-1 Cheshunt Reserves

Cranfield United 3-6 Hoddesdon Town

Harpenden Town 3-3 Haringey Borough

Kentish Town 2-1 Amersham Town

Royston Town 4-0 Brache Sparta

Stony Stratford Town 7-5 Winslow United

Sun Postal Sports 1-1 Sport London e Benfica

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 4-1 Risborough Rangers

Mursley United 1-4 Crawley Green

Padbury United 3-1 Markyate

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 2-1 Kent Athletic

The 61 FC (Luton) 1-2 Kings Langley

Totternhoe 1-4 Aston Clinton

Tring Corinthians 6-0 Old Bradwell United

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

'We' must be kicking 'ourselves' at two points dropped today and with all 'our' rivals winning

Leverstock Green 4-0 Broxbourne Boro V&E

The ritual however the report says it was 3-0:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20080315.htm

'You' were three down at one stage Rhodes so done well to get a draw in the end.

Disappointing result for The 61 FC as if we could have won that then we could have been in a real shout for the title but we really needed to do the double over Kings Langley and now they are nine points ahead of us.

Big defeat for Ruislip Manor too in their bid to avoid the drop, Holmer Green have picked up two huge results winning at Ruislip and London Colney in the past week.

AWK - Really, I didn't know that and will look forward to reading the report, I thought 'we' would be the bankers of the day at lowly Harpenden Town and it shows you can't take anything for granted. If you were to finish in the top two presumably you wouldn't be able to go up anyway without floodlights, I still can't understand why you can't get planning permission for them as the pitch is ideally placed to instal regular size pilons without interferring with local residents

Kentish Town 2-1 Amersham Town

An anorak on another's Forum has beaten me to it, how inconsiderate of him:

Kentish Town 2 Amersham Town 1
South Midlands League 1.
Admission £4 ( Including programme ) A decent programme, but why would you want to read a report on a pre-season friendly?
Tea 50p (in a mug)
Attendance 15 - my headcount.

I was very impressed with the Copthall Stadium, despite it being set up for athletics. There is a very large seated stand, which gives a good view of the pitch. The home team went ahead after 5 minutes. The visitors equalised on 45 minutes after a contoversial goal was allowed to stand. The lino appeared to flag for off-side, then put his flag down. The second half saw the excellent Lee Scott score the winner. This was a very frustrating game. As soon as Kentish Town scored they seemed to treat the match like a training exercise and just play around with the ball. Only on occasions could you see glimpses that this is a very good team. The match was far more one sided than the score suggests and I feel Kentish Town could have racked up a decent score if they had seeemed bothered. I have to say the pitch was very heavy and maybe this was a factor.

Last new ground Copthall stadium
Last match. Kentish Town 2 Amersham 1
Goal average this season. 3.83
Games since last 0-0. 4.

The Spurs Fan - Actually it was a fairly accurate summary and hopefully the likes of Keeper No One, Horace, Jonno and Football Man will read it. If I have one criticism of Kentish Town we have the tendancy to toy with the opposition, a bit like a cat with a mouse, rather than just going for the kill from the outset. The majority of our players are easily Step 4, possibly Step 3, class with Javier Rivera and Lee Scott Conference or even Football League, we do tend to treat games like training sessions in the way Leeds did in the early to mid 70's.

Wader - Why do you say that as it's perfectly true. What was the 'derby' like today then, it must have been a bitter pill to have to swallow being held to a draw by your 'local' rivals who were in free fall.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The Spurs Fan - Actually it was a fairly accurate summary and hopefully the likes of Keeper No One, Horace, Jonno and Football Man will read it. If I have one criticism of Kentish Town we have the tendancy to toy with the opposition, a bit like a cat with a mouse, rather than just going for the kill from the outset. The majority of our players are easily Step 4, possibly Step 3, class with Javier Rivera and Lee Scott Conference or even Football League, we do tend to treat games like training sessions in the way Leeds did in the early to mid 70's.

Big Fish in a Small Pond

Jayjay - Yes for once I agree with you however we will hopefully be in the Premier Division at Step 5 next season and, all being well, Ryman Division 1 North at Step 4 the season after that. Don't forget the Club were only founded in 1994 so we have come a fairly long way in a short space of time.

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=23710&conf=&div=

We were discussing 'our' striker Ry Hardy yesterday, I see that he also plays for 'the mighty' Admiral in the 'high profile' Islington Midweek league (see below):

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/sport/story.aspx?brand=ISLGOnline&category=sportgeneric&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportislg&itemid=WeED12%20Mar%202008%2012%3A37%3A05%3A677

Is that where Brentford played yesterday, how did you get on as I've only seen the Premiership results and Bristol City's surprising home defeat to Plymouth, we'll now see what Gary Johnson is made of.