Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15th March

What's Morecambe's ground like and the place, had you been there before, is it just a a poor man's Blackpool

It was good enough, Blackpool isnt the nicest place to go anyway..last time I went, they only had 2 and a half stands.

Morecambe has a NorthStand (All Terrace), a Car Wash terrace (bare level concrete running along one side), the South Umbro stand (away end, all terrace) and a seated section along the other touchline.

The pitch was sticky, esp in the goal mouths, the stewards were over excited, but the food and toilets were good

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Well "we" were discussing the fact that "one" meaning, "me" cannot get cod in Morecambe as "they" only seem to have haddock in "their" fish n chip shops...

duck

Haddock is the king of fish. Much tastier than cod.

Greg - you may wish to know that HTFCew hails from Fleetwood, and has caused trouble in several chip shops down here for refusing cod! biglaugh

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - Why do you say that as it's perfectly true. What was the 'derby' like today then, it must have been a bitter pill to have to swallow being held to a draw by your 'local' rivals who were in free fall.

Of course always disappointed when we don't win, but this was a good derby match and entertaining to watch. It was played in the right spirit and I have no complaints at the shared points.

As for your bragging that some of your players right now are fit for Conference purpose, I'm sorry but that is laughable. There is a huge gulf between Ryman 1 and Premier and onto Conference South. Financial implications are greater and the pool of available players for that standard is good. Step 5 isn't great on the quality front, but very difficult to get out of. As someone who has been through all these levels (and seen promotion from steps 5, 4 & 3) and the difference in player qualities required I talk through experience, not out of my backside like you did above. I've heard all this bull so many times. It's one thing to big up your players, it's quite another to be so unrealistic about their immediate abilities at a higher level.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Freshly cooked Rock Eel is easily the best. Good value, no little bones, thick fleshy fish. It's the 'fillet steak' of the chip shop without the hefty price tag IMO

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Freshly cooked Rock Eel is easily the best. Good value, no little bones, thick fleshy fish. It's the 'fillet steak' of the chip shop without the hefty price tag IMO

Huss.....scrummy and hard to find....Brighton is the best place for Huss and Chips with pickled onions..

yay

Of course always disappointed when we don't win, but this was a good derby match and entertaining to watch. It was played in the right spirit and I have no complaints at the shared points.

As for your bragging that some of your players right now are fit for Conference purpose, I'm sorry but that is laughable. There is a huge gulf between Ryman 1 and Premier and onto Conference South. Financial implications are greater and the pool of available players for that standard is good. Step 5 isn't great on the quality front, but very difficult to get out of. As someone who has been through all these levels (and seen promotion from steps 5, 4 & 3) and the difference in player qualities required I talk through experience, not out of my backside like you did above. I've heard all this bull so many times. It's one thing to big up your players, it's quite another to be so unrealistic about their immediate abilities at a higher level.

As are 95% of his attempts to talk about football.

He is just a glorified paper chaser who is clueless

regards the game.

Rhodes your comments about KT having players that could play in steps 3, 4, 5 Conference and Football League and that the team toys with sides like the Leeds side of old are arrogant and laughable. Of course we all have our opinions on players but the fact remains that if you are good enough you will play there and every player finds his level. I have played and managed in non-league for long enough to have heard your uninformed comments so many times. Normally from a player who cant get any higher or a fan who is biased and ignorant to the standards of the leagues above. If your players are so good why aren't they playing higher?? And if you say its because they want to play with their mates you prove the point you have'nt a clue. Your mates are the current team you play in. You move on you get more mates. So how many offers have the KT players had? (Lee Scott apart)

Name all the step 2 3 4 5 and pro clubs that have come in for them and why hasn't any of them moved up?

Don't tell me a 18-25 yr old would turn down the money those clubs could offer not to mention the prestige and perks that come with it.

As for toying with sides like Leeds? Arrogance beyond belief. KT are a good side but dont make yourself look stupid....any more than you already do.

ICU Jimmy. Good post. You get used to the arrogance shown by Rhodes on this site. Treat his posts with the contempt they deserve. I wholeheartedly agree with what you say about making more mates from moving around. It's how we build up contacts and networks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kentish are a decent first division side but with this fool making claims like this, surely you must find it all a little embarrasing?

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
ICU Jimmy. Good post. You get used to the arrogance shown by Rhodes on this site. Treat his posts with the contempt they deserve. I wholeheartedly agree with what you say about making more mates from moving around. It's how we build up contacts and networks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kentish are a decent first division side but with this fool making claims like this, surely you must find it all a little embarrasing?

I think that most people find it all highly amusing.....rhodsey included... grin

I see the topic has gone away from the results again... anyway I'd like to give a big up to Hoddy reserves as we we came back from 0-2 with 10 mins to go to get a draw at 2-2 which is no more than we deserved from the game. I cocked up for their second but made amends by setting up both our goals! Unbeaten in 4!! laugh

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
I see the topic has gone away from the results again... anyway I'd like to give a big up to Hoddy reserves as we we came back from 0-2 with 10 mins to go to get a draw at 2-2 which is no more than we deserved from the game. I cocked up for their second but made amends by setting up both our goals! Unbeaten in 4!! laugh

and led back to a NF appreciation thread...do moderators have the exclusive right for self promotion on these fora...?

or can anyone join in... grin