Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

I wonder if us season ticket holders will get to use any of those priority booking vouchers in the back of our books? Maybe we will get our own queue away from all the folks who suddenly have discovered they want to see the Fleet.

From talking to a few blokes recently it seems every pub in the area will be taking at least one coach load to Wembleeeey, Wembleeeey!

Thats what the priority ticket vouchers are for, it ensures that supporters that attend every game get big match tickets, one of the many bonuses of being a season ticket holder. However, not sure how many tickets per voucher we will be able to purchase. On the new supporters issue, there will always be big match supporters, just as well really, we would be a bit quiet with 800 fans in New Wembley.

If say, I supported Arsenal and lived in Gravesend, I honestly wouldn't be bothered about going to Wembley to watch the Fleet in the FA Trophy final.

However, I support and the Fleet and am well happy!!!

I am certain that everyone who is a regular, season ticket holder or not, will get a ticket.

It would be nice to all sit together though but I am not entirely sure how we will manage that.

This may seem meaningless coming from me, and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying it. I say it as a new fan of the club, not as a MyFC member. But shouldn't we be happy to welcome anyone who wishes to go to the cup final as a Fleet supporter? If they go, have a fantastic day out, and appreciate the experience, they may well turn into a regular supporter next year. Isn't that one of our goals, to get more people to attend regularly? A Wembley final is surely a wonderful marketing opportunity to achieve that (not marketing in the sense of making money, but of attracting new support).

I hope I'll get to go to Wembley myself, but if not, I'm still champing at the bit to be there next month to see the Fleet play 4 times (thanks to the rescheduled Halifax match).

rsheard - I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise.

I guess its just a few season-tickets holders, life-long supporters, week-in week-out fans, home and away types (you know - the lowest of the low in the New World Order) just being miserable about the fact that they will have possibly take time off work to queue up (possibly in the rain - British weather being what it is) to get their tickets, while fans of 4 months have the luxury of priority booking from the comfort of their chair...

Interesting that if I shell out in excess of a couple thousand dollars to travel across the Atlantic to see a team I have only been made aware of about 2 months ago somehow that still makes me somehow worthy to sit only with the other NEW fans.

I must say that while I kinda see BTGs point, it is sort of insulting at the same time. Far be it from me to crash a party where I am not wanted. AND quite frankly, if that IS the overlying feeling from older fans, (although I don't think it is), then I will stay home, hunker down and ride out the recession.

Quite frankly, if I got all the way over to Wembley and saw some [****!!****] holding a THANKS BUT NO YANKS sign, I would probably drop him, and then probably get dropped myself. One thing I am still guaging is whether or not the overall feeling is that we NEWBIES would be welcome. If not, that is OK, just as long as you understand that for most of us, this is support that comes from a love for football and a desire to be part of something grassroots.

pxmose

Here are the ticketing arrangements at TUFC. I expect yours will be something similar:

Quote:
Ticket Prices: £ 25 per ticket

Concessions: £ 12.50 (16 and under, OAP's over 65)

Wheelchair and personal assistant - £25 (carer is free)

TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE ON MONDAY 31ST MARCH AT 9.30am

Telephone bookings: Credit Card booking fee of £1 per ticket. Plus £2 handling fee per transaction (not per ticket).

Purchase in person: Credit Card booking fee of £1 per ticket. NO CHARGE for cash purchases.

Tickets requiring posting will sent Registered Post (treated as cash) which will be charged at £5.

Booking and handling fees are to cover administration costs and are as per F.A. guidelines.

Up £5 (25%) from last year, God bless the FA

BTW, I'm sure you'll be welcomed at Wembley. We have an American coming over too, as well as others from further abroad.

Northumbergull

PatMan, I think we crossed signals. I actually agree with you that there's no reason for MyFC to be able to buy tickets online and local supporters not be able to do that as well. I don't know the infrastructure involved, but I would like to think it's possible. I was responding to a few comments that seemed to suggest local residents who don't regularly go to Fleet games didn't have a right to go to Wembley, as if they haven't paid their dues. It wasn't even a dig at MyFC (for a change) smile

My only point was that sure, they're not regulars. But maybe the day at Wembley will convert some of them into future regulars. And since there's not going to be a ticket shortage for the day, and they're not keeping a regular supporter from attending, why begrudge them the day out? Not suggesting at all that this was your attitude, just a general feeling from some of the other posts this week.

I'm just hoping to win the lottery soon so I can join you. Do you have to play the lottery to win the lottery? smile

Originally Posted By: pxmose
Interesting that if I shell out in excess of a couple thousand dollars to travel across the Atlantic to see a team I have only been made aware of about 2 months ago somehow that still makes me somehow worthy to sit only with the other NEW fans.

I must say that while I kinda see BTGs point, it is sort of insulting at the same time. Far be it from me to crash a party where I am not wanted. AND quite frankly, if that IS the overlying feeling from older fans, (although I don't think it is), then I will stay home, hunker down and ride out the recession.

Quite frankly, if I got all the way over to Wembley and saw some [****!!****] holding a THANKS BUT NO YANKS sign, I would probably drop him, and then probably get dropped myself. One thing I am still guaging is whether or not the overall feeling is that we NEWBIES would be welcome. If not, that is OK, just as long as you understand that for most of us, this is support that comes from a love for football and a desire to be part of something grassroots.

I think you'll find that you'll be most welcome at any Ebbsfleet game. Real football fans recognise and appreciate other football fans. There is though an undercurrent of resentment that you'll run into on this forum. You might feel more comfortable on the MyFC forum. You'll also find help there for NEWBIES on travel details.
I've been to a number of Ebbsfleet games and never felt any problems. But it did occur to me that I might want to stay away from some of the 'traditional fans'. Trouble is I only know them from the websites, so I have to assume there's a risk of resentment from all of them. There's an incredibly small, but still present 'mean streak' that still runs through the traditional fanbase. You'll see it on this site. Highly unlikely that you would, but you probably don't want to run into it in person at a good day out at Wembley.
If you do make it across the pond to the game, enough of us will certainly make you feel welcome.

Originally Posted By: ianinho
I've been to a number of Ebbsfleet games and never felt any problems. But it did occur to me that I might want to stay away from some of the 'traditional fans'. Trouble is I only know them from the websites, so I have to assume there's a risk of resentment from all of them.

Very disappointing comment here. Never be worried about words. Thats all thay are. I have never seen any resentment from Fleet regulars towards our new friends at the ground. If anything, due to what has happened on the pitch over the last month friendships have been made even stronger. I don't think you should look to far into feelings from forums because that is where we let of steam. Just the same as MyFc. You read some of the agressive comments then meet the poster and realise they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. The forum gives them a voice.

Originally Posted By: DA11
Originally Posted By: ianinho
I've been to a number of Ebbsfleet games and never felt any problems. But it did occur to me that I might want to stay away from some of the 'traditional fans'. Trouble is I only know them from the websites, so I have to assume there's a risk of resentment from all of them.

Very disappointing comment here. Never be worried about words. Thats all thay are. I have never seen any resentment from Fleet regulars towards our new friends at the ground. If anything, due to what has happened on the pitch over the last month friendships have been made even stronger. I don't think you should look to far into feelings from forums because that is where we let of steam. Just the same as MyFc. You read some of the agressive comments then meet the poster and realise they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. The forum gives them a voice.

Everything I've read from the MyFC members who have been to Stonebridge Road suggests a very warm welcome from regular supporters. I personally can't wait for April 5 and my first Fleet match.

DA11 and Rsheard. Apologies if I sounded negative. I've loved almost every minute of my (relatively short) time supporting the Fleet. And yes in person most Fleet fans are very pleasant most of the time. I would encourage anyone, anytime, from anywhere to come and see the Fleet.

But occasionally on this site there's a negativity and I wonder if the citizens of Kent 'eat their young'.

I've watched this forum for a while. I'm mid-Atlantic, I've spent half my life on either side of the pond. Occasionally, we get newbies that stray on to this forum from the US. And occasionally they take an undeserved kicking; you know from whom. Any time I see an American with a low post count, I'd rather he or she spent time on the MyFC site until he gets a view of some of the history and the underlying politics.