Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 22nd March

SATURDAY 22nd

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale P Cockfosters

Biggleswade Town 2-1 Hanwell Town

Biggleswade United 0-5 Hertford Town

Brimsdown Rovers P Ruislip Manor

Broxbourne Boro V&E P Chalfont St Peter

Colney Heath P Beaconsfield SYCOB

Holmer Green P Welwyn Garden City

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 1-1 Leverstock Green

Langford P St Margaretsbury

London Colney 1-1 Harefield United

Tring Athletic P Oxhey Jets

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town P Stony Stratford Town

Ampthill Town 2-2 Royston Town

Bedford Town Reserves 3-2 Bedford

Brache Sparta P Harpenden Town

Cheshunt Reserves P Kentish Town

Haringey Borough P Buckingham Athletic

Hoddesdon Town 3-2 Sun Postal Sports

Sport London e Benfica P New Bradwell St Peter

Winslow United 1-4 Arlesey Athletic

DIVISION TWO

Caddington 1-0 Aston Clinton

Crawley Green P Tring Corinthians

Kent Athletic P Padbury United

Kings Langley 4-2 Totternhoe

Mursley United 1-1 Risborough Rangers

Old Bradwell United 1-5 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

The 61 FC (Luton) 5-0 Markyate

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Cheshunt Reserves P Kentish Town

Result of the day, for Officer Dibble and Cheshunt Reserves

Just to make your bad day worse, Rhodes, both Hoddesdon and Royston won points with 90th minute goals - that's how champion teams do it!

p.s Cheshunt game was never going to be on - look at what happened at nearby Brimsdown and Broxbourne, both with excellent pitches.

That's not an answer - did any one from KTFC see the Cheshunt pitch today?

Er, beggin' your pardon but the game I saw at Ampthill, Royston were very, very lucky to come away with anything at all. The very last kick of the game won them a point. Ampthill should have sewn up the game well before then and should have gone ahead after just 30 seconds. Royston were second best. I still cannot see what the fuss about Craig Hammond is. I've seen him a few times now and firmly believe that he's not worth as much as Stuart Reynolds.

Yes, Greg, that remarkable fact did not go un-noticed. Coops did play well, and it was good to see goals coming from all over the pitch. Hopefully you will be able to see the game on BUTV (the match was recorded for transmission, with excellent commentary by BUFC secretary Tracy James. Not up on their site yet though.)

Originally Posted By: Horace
That's not an answer - did any one from KTFC see the Cheshunt pitch today?

We all saw it Horace because of their bad Admin we arrived at 1340ish to be met by the apologies 'were waiting on the ref'. We even walked on it in trainers and like I said 95% was solid under foot. If they had moved the puddles earlier in the day the game would have been on.

I would have no problems for the game to be off if they had called in an official in the morning and called it off before we had set off.

I have personally cleared Copthall of all the water, some 20 times more then what was on the Cheshunt pitch, on more than 2 occasions now, and what they were saying was balls!. Somebody didn’t want the game on!

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
Looking at the table for Div One, Hoddy must be favourites now

How on earth do you come to that conclusion, they still have to travel to Kentish Town and Haringey and I'll be surprised if they pick up so much as a point.
Just seen your brief report on the Ampthill v Royston game, I too wasn't impressed by Royston when I saw them at the Copthall Stadium on 12 March but you can't knock their record since Paul Attfield took the reins in November.

Touryboy - Did you play yesterday, how come you struggled to beat lowly Sun Postal Sports

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Winslow United 1-4 Arlesey Athletic

Winslow United 1-4 Arlesey Athletic (South Midlands League Division 1)

Admission - £3.00 inc. programme
Attendance 20 approx.
Burger £2.00 in bun coated with flour that gets everywhere.
Coffee - 60p
Tea-flavoured water - 50p (Both served in proper mugs)

Like most grounds at this level, it's part of the recreation ground. Pitch railed off, but not fully enclosed. Hard standing only outside the clubhouse and on the stretch to the small covered standing/seating area that today offered zero protection against the hail/sleet coming from the North.

Nice clubhouse with Sky TV and a possible Step 6 stereotype - the old dear who watched the whole game from the clubhouse (and probably has done since 1949)

Winslow never really seemed to be in it - Arlesey adapted much better to the raw wind/blazing sunshine/sleet/hail.

A few members of the local pondlife sneaked in half way through the first half, but disappeared at half time, thankfully not returning.