Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour Mill

dannyriding

Heard many over the last few days, as is to be expected. new managers applying for trottys position (ian Oconnell & bill edwards/terry Yorath), players not being paid/late and they will get worse all the time MFC keep us the loyal supporters in the dark by not announcing news when and if it arises. Please sort it out MFC as rumours can only damage/harm the team.

I also heard the Ian and Billy news, they are applying as joint managers

Also heard that Trotty has paid players out of his own pocket, which if true is well out of order that he has to do that, but also very good of him to do it

Before I start, nothing in this post can be taken to suggest whether or not I think it is time for a change. Whatever my opinion is it would be backed by some and pilloried by others so I won't say on here. This is simply a theoretical posting!!!!!

Whenever the club next needs a manager, whether it be in a week, a month, a year, 5 years or whatever, but when the time comes the only option would be to find the money to get a manager who is experienced and relatively succesful at a club or clubs at this level and even up to Conference, who has run a team in the Ryman area so has a stack of contacts. He must also be well-known enough to make players want to come to Margate to play for him as Dover and Dartford will be rivals to us for the signing of players next season.

The thing is though, good managers like this are generally already in jobs and to prise them away would need a hell of a lot of money thrown at him and the playing budget. No-one would leave a club that they are already at to come to a club with a reduced budget in a town three-quarters surrounded by water so there is only one direction in which to look for players. And those players will invariably live nearer to Welling, Dartford, Bromley, Hastings, Folkestone and Dover than they do to us so it will, as it always has been, difficult to attract players.

Quite simply, I do not think, that there is enough money in the club to get this sort of big name so what would be the alternative?

Although the O'Connell/Edwards rumour sounds like my own personal nirvana, there is not the experience there.

I remain sceptical about some of these rumours. While this post is not to suggest anything official, I do regularly see at both home and away games what look to me to be pay packets being distributed by one of the directors to the players.

"Funny season" has started early this year, hasn't it? Normally we get into all this in the close season when there's no football to talk about.

I wasnt suggesting the rumours were true wellsie, but as with most rumours they can be nipped in the bud relatively quickly with the club giving us the fans more info. I agree that sometimes the chinese whispers are started by the minority and therefore cannot be confirmed/denied, but come on a short post by either the Chairman/director/manager would put paid to said rumours.

Didn't mean to suggest you were dannyriding and I do agree that if comms was better from the club, some of the rumours would stop. Having said that, in the past statements form the club have failed to stop them, but then that's the nature of the beast, I guess. I would always suggest that it's better to commicate "nothing" that not communicate at all.