Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quote of the Month (March 08)

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - Did I mention that we might be moving in the next six weeks or so as the lease is up on the place we rent. Actually Bruce Grove isn't as bad as it's made out to be and has many Grade I and Grade II Listed buildings including the magnificent Bruce Castle. Bruce Castle Park also has prestigious 'Green Flag' status.

I've been to Bruce Grove - don't try and deceive folk!
But then. I've also been lost in Milton Keynes on a foggy night, unable to tell one roundabout for another!

Hertfordshire - officially the 5th best place in the UK to live!
(after Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Berkshire and Bromley! Can't find Haringey - the list only goes down to 100.

p.s. Will you still have the same rent man?

ICU Jimmy - Paul Weller told us all what he thought of Milton Keynes about 25 years ago, do you really, hand on heart, enjoy living there, be honest.

I've lived here over 20 years now having grown up in Enfield and at first it was a little soulless but as times gone on it's become a fantastic place, great nightlife these days as well.

I'll never move back to the smoke.

Have investigated a bit further - found Enfield at No. 303 but still not got down to Haringey yet!

Horace - Did I mention that we might be moving in the next six weeks or so as the lease is up on the place we rent. Actually Bruce Grove isn't as bad as it's made out to be and has many Grade I and Grade II Listed buildings including the magnificent Bruce Castle. Bruce Castle Park also has prestigious 'Green Flag' status.

more like your squatters rights are up....still you should be used to it,being part of kentish town
may i recommend st martins in the field...great soup kitchen

Rhodes Macca just said it all. Hand on heart I have 4 teenage children and I couldnt ask, within the size and price range I can afford, to bring them up in a better place. Of course there is better if you can pay the prices but I sold a 3 bed semi in West London 6 years ago for 167k for a 4 bed detached with integral garge etc. for the same money.

I would never move back to London, at least the area I lived. Its cleaner here, safer, more space and loads to do. Im a born and bred Londoner and love the place but not for my kids to grow up in. Paul Weller ( been a fan since the Jam! ) sung about MK 25 yrs ago when it was a very very different place mate.

Originally Posted By: Horace

I've been to Bruce Grove - don't try and deceive folk!
But then. I've also been lost in Milton Keynes on a foggy night, unable to tell one roundabout for another!
Hertfordshire - officially the 5th best place in the UK to live!
(after Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Berkshire and Bromley! Can't find Haringey - the list only goes down to 100.
p.s. Will you still have the same rent man?

Horace - If you have been to Bruce Grove you will know full well what a vibrant and historic part of London it is, we live a stone's throw from the Broadwater Farm Estate but give me that any day to Milton Keynes although I respect ICU Jimmy's and Southmidsfan's comments as whatever turns you on.
As for having the same rent man when/if we move, strangely enough I have specifically asked the Council that we don't and have reported him to the Cabinet member for Housing for serious breach of trust and best practice set out by the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS), see link:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/landlord_accreditation.htm