Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC 2 BTFC 1 FT

As much as we can blame the officials, I do believe yesterday that we were very much party to our own demise. The first half was as good a performance by a Billericay team I have seen, especially the first 20 minutes. 1 nil up and we did enough to frustrate the Wombles in taking ill timed pot shots at our goal...As they were the home side, we could only expect them to come at us and the performance of the back four, with some excellant support from the midfield, did enough to have us end up the first half with the one gaol advantage intact....

And then the second half...I have read on this forum many a comment about us not "taking care of the ball" (before anyone say's "where?" - I'm para-phrasing here) and I think the second half was as good enough example of that as I have seen. We also had players make some strange decisions whilst on the ball (obviously playing on the same field as that ref and linesman, it was catching).

If we had continued with the first half performance, we would've taken the three points but we didn't. I believe we have a core of a great team, which is made up of loyal players who want to win, want to be successful, for themselves as well as the club, who put in the effort and hard work. I hope that those players stay with the club and the team augmented with players of a similar nature and talent.

I agree. We deservedly took the lead and based on their last two home results were there for the taking. But for some reason we stopped attacking and continuely gave the ball away.

It was only a matter of time before they equalised in the second half. To concede a winner so late in the game was difficult to take particularly as the free kick which lead to it was allowed to be taken about 15 yards from the original offence. The only surprise for me was that the ref didn't put the ball in the net himself. He was awful.

But it may have been a different outcome if we'd carried on playing in the second half and not sat back.

A couple of their fan's commented on how well we played in the first half and how fair our players played the game i.e no diving or dodgy call's for free's.

As much as we all wanted this game in the bag i (imo) think it was a fair result based on performance

I think we were well Wombled by the Ref again.

I feel sorry for the vast majority of our players, had it been an 11 man team effort then I am convinced we would have won.

But overall it was an entertaining game, the last 20 was end to end with both teams going for the win.

A special mention for the back 5 (4 + G) who were outstanding imo, as were our supporters.

Yep, we started well and it was a shame that their keeper made a couple of blinding saves in the early stages as they may not have been able to come back from a 2-0 defecit given their recent home results.

However it has to be said from the midway point in the first half until pretty much the end of the game our goal was completely under siege and although the manner of the last goal was an absolute sickener, it's hard to argue that the Wombles didn't deserve the win. I agree with some of the comments above that it was disappointing we continually gave the ball away and were unable to pass the ball to a shirt of the same colour. This ultimately proved our downfall.

I also agree that MOST of the players put in a tremendous shift. Well done to them. If we have player(s) that don't want to play for us, then [****!!****] them off. It's not difficult.

Oh and I'm going to Glasto BTW ;~)

Not my most enjoyable away visit by a long way. I don't think I'll bother next year (I think we'll still be in the same league). I prefer ETU & Sittingbourne to that. Having said that the Wombles I spoke with all seemed a decent bunch; it must be a vocal few who earn them their reputation.

It's hardly suprising we were under the cosh for the middle part of the match. At home in front of 2000 fans, losing 1-0 and supposedly a lot of expensive talent on the pitch. If AFCW couldn't step up to the plate in those circumstances they don't deserve success. No suprise when the equaliser came really. The last 20 mins was exciting end to end stuff, but we were too often either careless or lacking vision when getting in promising positions. I was frustrated that after bringing Tejan-Sie on, he saw very little of the ball. Coming away with a point woud have been little better than losing, we needed all 3. No one's mentioned our off-side goal. Was it?

Originally Posted By: big un
Finnistre. Twitter got the team & subs wrong

Looks right to me. What's wrong?

It was an entertaining game and one that we could have won. Pleased Billy got another on the notch. There were some very good points and i also thought the defence were outstanding, but you just cannot expect to keep clean sheets if we cannot hang onto the ball.

Now i will say it as i saw how their equalising goal came about. The ball breaks free and one of their players latches on to it with absolutely no challenge or back tracking from the nearest one of our lads. The ball is sent over and Ronnie makes a superb resulting save to tip round post. From resulting corner they put it away. Now from a football perspective i would say we lost that goal from the outset.

Quck word on Macca also...top effort for 200 and another (never give up) attitude with his performance.

Come on you Bluues

I cant make up my mind if we were pinned back or laid back or defending on to a one goal lead? we just let them come at us in the second half, as a fan i feel so let down this season by the inconsistant play, i wonder if the players really know what we the fans have to go though to get to these matches giving up our saturdays or our mid week games getting our shifts changed etc Ashford town ,margate , ramsgate,and so on,and you think to your self? why, the fans have made a great effort, but the team? i do think over the summer the managers and the team will have to do some real deep thinking,and ask, do we really want this or not? i get a feeling that some of the players perfer to stay where we are, sorry to the fans and lads but this is how i feel right now.Blue fan

One of those day's eh Blue Fan. and then you think......

He's sometimes black, He's sometimes White he's Billy Bricknell and he's doing alright.

And so on....

I think you need one of them Strongbows mate