Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Capital League

blackballed

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
a disgrace that any side should be made to play two days on the trot,especially as there is no need for it,but well done to the not the real enfield!!!!

UM- can you have a word with Kel and get yourself the real story, please.

What is annoying is that I have just seen that Brimsdown's game with Ware is off tomorrow evening. Had we known that earlier, we'd be playing then.

I haven't had access to the forum for most of the week so this is the first time I've read much of this thread.

I'll set the record straight. This fixture was re-arranged at the insistence of the Capital League for Wednesday 9 April. This was done before the President's Cup finalists were known.

Unfortunately Brimsdown Rovers (whose ground Enfield Town play on) subsequently re-arranged a home first team game for the same night. Mindful of the fact that we were playing in the cup final on 7 April, ET kindly suggested that we play the game at Bridge Avenue on 10 April. This was not possible, so our management team agreed to play on the 8th, in order to ensure that we fulfill all our fixtures.

ET have only ever been entirely thoughtful and co-operative over this fixture, and we thank them for this and for their fine hospitality on the evening of the game. If only certain other clubs in the league would take a leaf out of ET's book.

For the record, the line-up and stats for the game are as follows:

1. Grant Lee
2. Ian Nickels
3. James Burt
4. Tony Price
5. Scott Ballard
6. Russell Penn
7. Gavin Cooper
8. Nick Lowery
9. Rob McCarthy
10. Stuart Jones (Stagg, 66)
11. Ryan Sammons
12. Darren Hunt
14. Nick Stagg

Goals: ET 36, ET 54, AFCH 59 (Sammons), ET 75, AFCH 79 (Penn)