Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Capital League

blackballed

I blame the re-scheduleing.

This game was originally planned for Sep 26th 2007.

Over 6 months to replay the game.

Is this the longest period of time between re-arranged matches.

all winning runs come to an end and yes we lost away to enfield last night in the capital league...bit silly making us play two games in 2 days and we could hardly get 11 youth lads out there but I'll swallow the loss after the boys magnificent cup win on monday and we are still top of the league by 6 points from last nights opponents who played a few of their first team...

keep rolling asa

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
all winning runs come to an end and yes we lost away to enfield last night in the capital league...bit silly making us play two games in 2 days and we could hardly get 11 youth lads out there but I'll swallow the loss after the boys magnificent cup win on monday and we are still top of the league by 6 points from last nights opponents who played a few of their first team...

keep rolling asa

It's Enfield TOWN FC Please!!! Yes we did have a few Squad players, mainly guys who don't get a regular run out in the 1st Team though.

It was a really good game and I think you were unlucky not to get a draw at the end, but hey ho we will take the 3 points.

Agree with the silliness of making you play two games on the spin, maybe it was because of the backlog of games in the Capital League due to all the rain last year.

Well done on the Cup Win and good luck in you push for Promotion you deserve it.

drinkies

apologies SL ...enfield town it will be forthwith... asien

wasn't taking anything away from your win just whinging about the madness of having to play 2 games in two days especially both in the same league/league cup.....I sometimes despair over the sheer impracticality of these blazers who organise things....

no matter...well done and now only 6 points behind us... smile

None taken matey. I remember "those" days too. We has a great Stadium, fantastic League Winning Team all to be thrown down the gurgler by one wally of a Chairman who sold our Ground for Housing bawling

We(Enfield Town FC) are the Team that was formed after the move from Southbury Road Enfield FC do not exist in that form anymore, they folded last year and were reborn as Enfield 1893 who now play in Esses Senior League. They look set to get promoted back into Ryman One North though, so it looks like we will be playing them again next Season angry

Enjoy the rest of your Season

drinkies

Yes along long time ago, I worked in an engineering office in the late sixties, and a chap in the office was the match sec for Enfield, cant remember his name, and I used to go and watch a few matches with him, they had a great team then............

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
a disgrace that any side should be made to play two days on the trot,especially as there is no need for it,but well done to the not the real enfield!!!!

UM- can you have a word with Kel and get yourself the real story, please.

What is annoying is that I have just seen that Brimsdown's game with Ware is off tomorrow evening. Had we known that earlier, we'd be playing then.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer

UM- can you have a word with Kel and get yourself the real story, please.

What is annoying is that I have just seen that Brimsdown's game with Ware is off tomorrow evening. Had we known that earlier, we'd be playing then.

the real story is that the capital league set the dates after all the normal rearrangements...the capital league is used mainly for getting players fit...trialists and youngsters coming through....last nights game was nowt to do with enfield town although the original cancellation was when you could not get a ground ready...not brimsdown but somewhere else and if I recall we actually travelled before it was called off and I whinged like fck...

I am not sure any of us have complained about ET...we'll still win the league.. grin