Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

To Sweeney

Sweeney group I will have to admit you have a better following for Guildford City and are louder than the Reading Town Barmy Army but this is because 1)No clubs around you are in the Premiership or Championship let alone league 1 so therefore more fans are likely to go and support Guildford. 2) Guildford is now a City so more people will go there and support the team.3) Guildford are doing well in the league 2nd in the table so its going to bring in more fans. 4) Probably more people know about Guilford City and were they play and so once again it

Right, so you're admitting that we are bigger, better and louder?

Finally, an end to all this!

However, Guildford is not technically a City. The name was given to the club when the town applied for 'city-ship' but were pipped by Brighton, apparently. Guildford is a city in all but name.

Also, the majority of football supporters in Guildford support Chelsea or Palace, or even those skates down the A3. I think there are very few people left in Guildford who know, or care, that our club exists. And with both Aldershot and Woking just five minutes away, there's another huge chunk of potential supporters gone.

As for your point about people not knowing where Reading Town play, well you have your own ground. We don't. We play at a leisure centre where you have to wade through screaming children just to get a drink. The top sports in Guildford, depressingly, appear to be some American form of Netball and something where you ponce around in full body padding on ice-skates hitting each other with little sticks.

Good luck with your barmy army in the future, I hope you see sense about the drum. Keep up with the good stuff you are doing!

Finally, the hairy bloke isn't our mascot. He's got a medical condition that causes extreme hair growth, and he also has the misfortune of being ginger.

Originally Posted By: RTFC Barmy Army drummer
I will have to admit you have a better following for Guildford City and are louder than the Reading Town Barmy Army.

READING TOWN'S BARMY ARMY IS NOT BIGGER OR LOUDER THAN YOURS.

I think he said it all.

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
Right, so you're admitting that we are bigger, better and louder?

Finally, an end to all this!

However, Guildford is not technically a City. The name was given to the club when the town applied for 'city-ship' but were pipped by Brighton, apparently. Guildford is a city in all but name.

Also, the majority of football supporters in Guildford support Chelsea or Palace, or even those skates down the A3. I think there are very few people left in Guildford who know, or care, that our club exists. And with both Aldershot and Woking just five minutes away, there's another huge chunk of potential supporters gone.

As for your point about people not knowing where Reading Town play, well you have your own ground. We don't. We play at a leisure centre where you have to wade through screaming children just to get a drink. The top sports in Guildford, depressingly, appear to be some American form of Netball and something where you ponce around in full body padding on ice-skates hitting each other with little sticks.

Good luck with your barmy army in the future, I hope you see sense about the drum. Keep up with the good stuff you are doing!

Finally, the hairy bloke isn't our mascot. He's got a medical condition that causes extreme hair growth, and he also has the misfortune of being ginger.

K you do have some other clubs around you like Woking and Aldershot who are going up to league 2 next season. Good luck next season drumming up more support put the link on here of you lot chanting at Guildford when you were against RPV.