Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Latest scores/ results 22nd April

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It wouldn't surprise me if another Argentina v Peru 1978 was on the cards for the Winslow United game on Saturday but even if they take 'Sugar's' brown envelope Buckingham Athletic aren't going to roll over as they're an honourable Club and Kentish Town have a strong rapport with them.

Thank you bitcher, you really are excelling yourself, keep up the good work.

"A disappointing result on Tuesday" I don't think so, we were outplayed in the first half and Hod should have wrapped up the game by half time. We equalised with the most astonishing goal I have ever seen in football. Drop kick from the keeper edge of the box , hit our forward on the back, flew back over the keeper's head,hit the bar, came out and somehow either hit a lump or had back spin on it and rolled back into the net.

Much better second half, even game which could have gone either way but i would have taken a draw before the start so hardly disappointing. Truly felt for the Hod boys at the end as they gave it everything and now its in our hands to throw away

Oh, out of a matter of interest you seem ahead of yourself. We still need 4 points to be assured of joining KTFC next season and accordingly,I will happily take the 4 points that we may need to gain promotion.

If by chance we are promoted on Saturday then we can go gung ho against Buckingham and see what happens but even i would not be so bold as to predict we will beat anyone by the margins required.

As for paying for it, perhaps Bitcher you can tell me the difference in prize money between first and second and then i can decide what to do. As you have stated on here i left the AGM when i thought it had finished( to go and play cricket) so i missed those discussions.

Thanks Tommy, as i just said we haven't achieved anything yet so if we avoid defeat on Saturday it could be a very nervous game with a lot at stake. Look forward to meeting you and some of the boys, if only to congratulate you all in person.

Good Luck Harringay, i know we have some history between us, but as far as im concerned that is all been put in the past, an the three best teams in divsion 1 made it an exciting finish to the season, and i think that you will be to strong in yout two ramining matches and you will join us in tyhe prem next season, well done

and for hoddy bad luckboys you came so close and better luck next season.

Thanks Tiger. The history that you refer to is exactly that as far as we are all concerned. Only one person on this planet tries to keep making something of nothing that happened 4 years ago and i suspect that you all know he is a complete embarrassment and totally out of control as he was when associated with our club.The real shame is that he does do some good things.

I obviously hope that we join you but if we don't then Hod deserve to in any event.Had they beaten Cheshunt in the match they dominated last week then it would now be us praying for a miracle which just shows how fine the line is between several of the top teams and what a great thrilling season it has been.

Originally Posted By: Doug
As for paying for it, perhaps Bitcher you can tell me the difference in prize money between first and second and then i can decide what to do.
I didn't realise there was prize money involved. If I'd known we might have come 7th at least. evil2

By the way, I'm in the same position as KT (in a manner of speaking).

I too will be really p*ssed off if we lose in our last game against New Bradwell and Bedford beat Ampthill by 24+ goals! giggle

Bitch - I thought you would have picked up on my post by now about him being a big boy!

Horace - Do we know if Football Man was there, an excellent win for Cheshunt which may give Gordon a stay of execution

I have no idea who was there. I don't think that winning the Herts Charity Cup will influence things either way. Did you ask Gordon whether he was expecting the sack when you spoke to him on Tuesday night?

Originally Posted By: Special1

By the way, I'm in the same position as KT (in a manner of speaking).

I too will be really p*ssed off if we lose in our last game against New Bradwell and Bedford beat Ampthill by 24+ goals! giggle

Special 1 I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I overheard Mcmullen talking to South Mids Fan about throwing the game, 26-0!

Get your predictions in early. Bedford 26 - 0 Ampthill

Doug - Mcmullen is paying Ampthill

Originally Posted By: TommyK
you still havent answered willo where are you going?

He caught the gardening bug after spending all that time digging the troughs in the Copthall Turf. He has a small allotment by the railway line and can be seen chatting up old Mavis in his small wooden shed, pipe in one hand and his Playboy in the other.

"I remember the days I used to play for Kentish Town ..." smile