Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Challenge Trophy Rained Off

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
bawling

Will you still be officiating when the new date is fixed, what if you happen to have a Greek wedding to attend that day or Mick Ewen decides to take you off the game pending the SSML's enquiries into the Peter Theo saga.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
bawling

Will you still be officiating when the new date is fixed, what if you happen to have a Greek wedding to attend that day or Mick Ewen decides to take you off the game pending the SSML's enquiries into the Peter Theo saga.

Mick Ewen is busy with other matters - will be feeling someone's collar!

bawling

No Greek wedding to attend until early July.

Still on the game.

As punishment for next season, I'm likely to be sent to a few games at the Copthall Stadium.

No Greek wedding to attend until early July

So you admit you attend Greek weedings, do they really smash plates or is that just a myth.
Incidentally will you be attending Haringey Borough's end of season bash in a couple of weeks, I have it on good authority that the event is being held at the salubrious Wood Green Labour Club on Wood Green High Road so 'Sugar' is really pushing the boat out to celebrate such a successful season.

No Greek wedding to attend until early July

So you admit you attend Greek weedings, do they really smash plates or is that just a myth.
Incidentally will you be attending Haringey Borough's end of season bash in a couple of weeks, I have it on good authority that the event is being held at the salubrious Wood Green Labour Club on Wood Green High Road so 'Sugar' is really pushing the boat out to celebrate such a successful season.

You got me bang to rights.

Who you going to report me to this time?

As for plate smashing, try attending a Greek wedding and find out.

Not attending. Will you be?

Did you attend George Kilikita's daughter's wedding a couple of years ago, I heard it was a very big do with no expense spared. Where does the tradition of smashing plates at a Greek wedding come from out of interest, what's the point.

Not at all. I look forward to officiating on the game when it is re-scheduled. Will you be attending?

PetetheGreek - I note that a new date has now been fixed for the Challenge Trophy Final however you will have to trek all the way to London Colney as opposed to having the relatively easy task of getting to Hanwell Town. How will you get there as Mr Mackay lives in Luton, Mr Checketts in Dunstable and Mr O'Donnell in Leighton Buzzard so you won't be able to scrounge a lift.

Not at all. I look forward to officiating on the game when it is re-scheduled. Will you be attending?

PetetheGreek - I note that a new date has now been fixed for the Challenge Trophy Final however you will have to trek all the way to London Colney as opposed to having the relatively easy task of getting to Hanwell Town. How will you get there as Mr Mackay lives in Luton, Mr Checketts in Dunstable and Mr O'Donnell in Leighton Buzzard so you won't be able to scrounge a lift.

Mr Mackey didn't tell me he was moving from Edmonton when we spoke last week.

Or have you got your facts wrong again?

You just use fellow Officials for lifts, why don't you just learn to drive and get a car like everyone else

Do you drive?

No, I can't say that I do but then again I'm not a match official am I

I choose not to drive and have no interest in doing so, it's more trouble than it's worth and public transport is more than adequete. It's different where PetetheGreek is concerned as he is a match official and often has to find his way to obscure places out in the sticks such as Pitstone & Ivinghoe, it must be annoying for his fellow officials when he keeps scrounging lifts off them and they have to go out of their way to pick him up and drop him off.

But match officials are positively encouraged to travel together in order to save clubs some money on the expenses front. I would have thought you would have applauded that instead of trying to find paltry fault and nit-pick in your usual style?

I do applaud it but why doesn't PetetheGreek simply learn to drive and buy a car rather than keep relying on the good will of fellow officials in the North London and Enfield area. From recollection we haven't had the lions share of officials travelling to the Copthall Stadium together this season and in one case in particular a Referee's fee and expenses amounted to

I do applaud it but why doesn't PetetheGreek simply learn to drive and buy a car rather than keep relying on the good will of fellow officials in the North London and Enfield area. From recollection we haven't had the lions share of officials travelling to the Copthall Stadium together this season and in one case in particular a Referee's fee and expenses amounted to