Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Challenge Trophy Rained Off

The Referee at the Hertford Town game that you refer to was not appointed by Mr Ewen (although there was at least 1 occasion that Mr Ewen did appoint the man in the middle to a Hertford Town match). So this appointment cannot be blamed on the SSML.

The 3 match officials for Kentish Town this season would all be appointments by Mr Ewen.

Only 2 of the 3 match officals for Hertford Town would have been made by Mr Ewen.

Next season, Mr Ewen will be making 2 and not all 3 match official appointments to Kentish Town games.

You can "blame" Mr Ewen this season but only 2/3 of the "blame " should be attatched to him for next season.

Therefore, Mr Ewen does have a big say in who goes where and how far he/she travels and how much each Club has to pay in expenses.

Hope that explains it.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
The Referee at the Hertford Town game that you refer to was not appointed by Mr Ewen

So who appoints them then? I thought the FA only appointed from level 4 up?

We don't have equalisation at step 5 as we did when in Ryman 1N.

On the day Willo referred to, our ref came from Surrey, and the 2 assistants travelled seperately, so we had to pay for 250 miles expenses =

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
The Referee at the Hertford Town game that you refer to was not appointed by Mr Ewen

As SSML has Supply League status, Step 5 (Prem Div) has its Referees appointed by the FA (Level 4 Referees).

Level 4

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Thanks Pete - It wasn't a go at Mr Ewen all I'm saying is on that particular day (and maybe others) the 2 'men in the middle' had to cross each other to take their appointments.

I

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

We don't have equalisation at step 5 as we did when in Ryman 1N.

On the day Willo referred to, our ref came from Surrey, and the 2 assistants travelled seperately, so we had to pay for 250 miles expenses =

If the appointments were purely done on a geographical basis to save Clubs money on travelling expenses, I would be at Haringey Borough most weeks and at Kentish Town for a fair few games.

Would you want that? laugh

I have no problem with that Pete, would even pick you up to save the club the

I also see Mr Ewen

Yes but you were in the Harefield Boardroom at half time weren't you sucking up to the SSML Management Committee, I happened to pass by on my way to the gents and saw you through the crack in the door.

I think that says a lot about you, you are slowly trying to worm your way in with the SSML like you did with the KOPA League.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think that says a lot about you, you are slowly trying to worm your way in with the SSML like you did with the KOPA League.

Care to explain?

Isn't that obvious. Now you have taken a back seat with the KOPA League you are looking to broaden your horizons with a proper league and work your way into the 'affections' of the SSML Management Committee, they have already given you a Cup Final in your first season so you must be delighted with your progress so far. I have to take my hat off to you, you're certainly no fool.

I was in there enjoying a cup of tea. I did spot you passing by outside with an envious look on your face.
Were you not invited in?

I wasn't invited in and I wouldn't have had the bare faced cheek to go even if Mr Burns or Mr Ewen had asked me personally, that should have been your view too and queued for ten minutes at the tea bar in the Clubhouse with 'the plebs'. That's exactly what I mean about you worming your way in with the SSML Committee, I bet you were there last night purely to be seen like Football Man regularly does.