Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Beds Charity Cup

Hope to see you there FM.

As Hector and his guitar have had their swansong at KT, perhaps Rhodes will be there with his spirograph for the start of the inevitable string of Premier dossiers. Or is that the end of them now Rhodesy?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Wader
No idea. You could always ask him yourself.

I am seeing him today though.

tomorrow actually...sorry mate....doah

and yes rhodsey...the duchess of canvey and I will be at the final on the 9th...yay

See you there then.....any chance of a lift in the 'vintage motor'? laugh

• 2 weeks later...

See you there then.....any chance of a lift in the 'vintage motor'? laugh

i didnt get a lift in a vintage motor but i did get to meet Football Man!

nice set up at Langford and enjoyed the visit- burgers and hot dogs are top notch.

Langford deserved their 1 - 0 victory.i will leave the match report to Wader!

Just got home sorry. Here's my match report. 'We were crap'. One of the worst performances (if not the worst) of the season.

Never mind, Langford were gracious hosts as always and deserved the victory. Good luck to them, but we'll fight for the cup back next season!

Presentations do on Friday 30th with 3 course sit down and cabaret and private bar. Together we'll get merry have a bl00dy good time and get over it.

Nice to see FM at the match and to meet Keeps, both young and younger :-)

Well done to Langford all round, and all the club participants in the cup got a nice shield type plaque thingy to hang on the Boardroom wall to celebrate 100 years of the competition. The evening raised over a grand for charity as well, so not all bad.

A great end to the season for us in front of approx 300 spectators. The programme included a report on the first NBCC final played in April 1908, and there were a couple of interesting points I think:

1 The crowd at this first final was 800 and the gate receipts were

Originally Posted By: Wader
Just got home sorry. Here's my match report. 'We were crap'. One of the worst performances (if not the worst) of the season.

Never mind, Langford were gracious hosts as always and deserved the victory. Good luck to them, but we'll fight for the cup back next season!

Presentations do on Friday 30th with 3 course sit down and cabaret and private bar. Together we'll get merry have a bl00dy good time and get over it.

Nice to see FM at the match and to meet Keeps, both young and younger :-)

Well done to Langford all round, and all the club participants in the cup got a nice shield type plaque thingy to hang on the Boardroom wall to celebrate 100 years of the competition. The evening raised over a grand for charity as well, so not all bad.

a pleasure for us to meet you Wader..... thanks for the drink and your hospitality.

Good to meet Wader (thanks for the drink!) and k33per No.1 (thanks for the drink!). Also nice to bump into referee Rob Mackay (thanks for the drink!) who I hadn't realised was on the Charity Cup Committee. Shame it wasn't a good game but I suppose cup finals rarely are.

PS - Wader & Keeps, I'll buy you both a round if you're at London Colney on Tuesday, assuming I can get served with all those Oxhey Jets people that will be lying in wait for you know who! wink

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Good to meet Wader (thanks for the drink!) and k33per No.1 (thanks for the drink!). Also nice to bump into referee Rob Mackay (thanks for the drink!) who I hadn't realised was on the Charity Cup Committee. Shame it wasn't a good game but I suppose cup finals rarely are.
PS - Wader & Keeps, I'll buy you both a round if you're at London Colney on Tuesday, assuming I can get served with all those Oxhey Jets people that will be lying in wait for you know who! wink

Yes that's right, Tottenham v Manchester City, Crystal Palace v Manchester United, West Ham v Liverpool, AC Milan v Liverpool and Beaconsfield SYCOB v Chalfont St Peter last week spring to mind. So you'll be there on Tuesday then, we'll see if you turn up as you've been avoiding me like the plague all season.