Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FIXTURES!!!

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: blues06
Wen i was at hertford, we played a semi final against croydon at whyteleafes ground!! lovely ground, the hertford fans were in great voice behind the goal in the second half, goin towards the main stand!!

Very modest of you not to mention this, blues! :

"Croydon started to get forward more in the latter stages of the first half, and had 3 successive shots in a couple of minutes, the last of which from Scott Davies required a smart save on the ground from Virgo. In a fast and furious game the deadlock was broken on 43 minutes. Lee Roberts was tripped just outside the box and Ryan Wade and DARYL MITCHELL shaped to take the kick. Mitchell curled a perfect shot around the wall and into the bottom left hand corner of the goal to delight the travelling faithful."

Spookily - all three of the other Hertford players mentioned haver been poached by local clubs this close season, having all stayed with us for several seasons since that game!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I've added you to my Facebook account by the way, how did you find me out of interest.

Saw you were on your missus friends list...

So how come you found my missus, you would have no idea who she was

Originally Posted By: Wader
Ahh, I see Casuals are at Whyteleafe early doors. Great little club

I've only been to Whyteleafe once but it was a really memorable visit, I hope to get there for the Corinthian-Casuals game. I think there will be unprecedented interest in them this season to see if Hector can continue from where he left off last season against all the odds, I believe some Ryman Division 1 South Clubs have a budget of 3k a week.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Wader
Ahh, I see Casuals are at Whyteleafe early doors. Great little club

I've only been to Whyteleafe once but it was a really memorable visit, I hope to get there for the Corinthian-Casuals game.

Give my regards to 'Lee Farmie'. The message I send him is... "don't mention the war". He'll know what you're talking about.

1. Mark Virgo, 2. Matt Watts, 3. Mark Teasdale, 4. Jamie Nicholson, 5. Adam Spenceley, 6. Ryan Wade, 7. Scott Neilson, 8. Phil Goss (capt), 9. Simon Eden, 10. Daryl Mitchell, 11. Lee Roberts.

Dead right Daryl!

Originally Posted By: bosman08

Willo the Cat - Apparentley the team can use all facilities goals, changing rooms the lot, surely Tiger and Co will be aware of this by now, nothing I doubt KTFC can do but hopefully it wont affect the pitch too much

Bosman08 - Surely if the goalposts and dugouts belong to Kentish Town then another Club wouldn't be allowed to use them unless agreement is given, perhaps the Club or Club's concerned are paying a tidy sum to play at the stadium on Sunday's and Kentish Town are on a nice little earner.

Are KTFC really going to go into the hassle of taking down the goalposts and remove the dugouts every Saturday evening after the match? Surely this is a waste of time and doesnt really benefit anyone, the Sunday team can also use dressing rooms, showers, referees room if one exists.

This deal is direct with Barnet Council so I have heard, so I dont think KTFC are on an earner, just hope they are aware that if a Saturday big player comes along with more money it could be a difficult situation for them.

Also if Barnet Council are prepared to let other teams rent it on a Sunday, they may rent it for University finals etc during the week on top of the atheltics events that take place.

I havent heard any statement from a KTFC rep on here yet so maybe they are busy trying to save a home.

I havent heard any statement from a KTFC rep on here yet so maybe they are busy trying to save a home.

Bosman08 - Willo the Cat has spoken but really we are still none the wiser although to be fair I think the Club will be secure at the Copthall Stadium for the whole of the season which, if you might recall, wasn't the case at Hendon in 2006/2007.

Are KTFC really going to go into the hassle of taking down the goalposts and remove the dugouts every Saturday evening after the match? Surely this is a waste of time and doesnt really benefit anyone, the Sunday team can also use dressing rooms, showers, referees room if one exists.

This deal is direct with Barnet Council so I have heard, so I dont think KTFC are on an earner, just hope they are aware that if a Saturday big player comes along with more money it could be a difficult situation for them.

Also if Barnet Council are prepared to let other teams rent it on a Sunday, they may rent it for University finals etc during the week on top of the atheltics events that take place.

Yes it does and it's probably one of the best in the League.

Ok fair enough, are their fixed holes for other goalposts? Or if the goalposts are on wheels im guessing this is something to do with the athletics and them not wanting holes in the grass?

How is pre-season going? Ye running around Copthall

The only holes are the ones the shotputters and spear chuckers make.

Pre-season is going well and I think most of the lads are enjoying it which makes it easier for the coaching staff to get maximum effort from the guys.

Fair call Bosman - If he keeps blowing that wistle of his so hard he will be in danger of going deaf grin

There have been a few new appts over the close season but none for everyone to get excited about.

Bad news for Kentish - they may have to put up with me for a little longer the useless DE can't get me a house in Portsmouth so will have to travel back to Lonndon for the weekends smile