Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hanwell Town

Hi all,

Just a request for some info about Hanwell Town!

I've just moved into Perivale and noticed their ground just down the road from me. I'm a Guildford City/Southampton supporter but am interested in seeing other teams/grounds, especially when they are so close.

Their website is pretty awful though, so is there anywhere with a list of fixtures? I've been on tonykempster and only found the first few games... is there a reason for this?

Also, are they any good? Are they friendly and do they attract a decent crowd?

Most importantly, if I turn up there, is there anywhere to get a pint in the ground - the options close by are pretty limited!

Cheers

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
I've been on tonykempster and only found the first few games... is there a reason for this?

Guildford Sweeney - Welcome to our Forum, I'm sure Horace will delight in giving you the reason so I'll leave it to him. Were you aware that Sport London e Benfica groundshare at Reynolds Field, they play a Division below Hanwell Town in the SSML Divison 1, the Club have a nice Clubhouse with a decent bar.

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
Hi all,

Just a request for some info about Hanwell Town!

I've just moved into Perivale and noticed their ground just down the road from me. I'm a Guildford City/Southampton supporter but am interested in seeing other teams/grounds, especially when they are so close.

Their website is pretty awful though, so is there anywhere with a list of fixtures? I've been on tonykempster and only found the first few games... is there a reason for this?

Also, are they any good? Are they friendly and do they attract a decent crowd?

Most importantly, if I turn up there, is there anywhere to get a pint in the ground - the options close by are pretty limited!

Cheers

Their website has never really been updated Guildford I dont think they bother at all with it only for the youngsters. They have agruably one of the best surfaces in the Spartan leagues, have a nice stand and a decent bar.

They always have a good team, always in the top 8 & 9 of the league and they are aiming for the championship this year, Keith Rowlands (ex player) brother of Martin Rowlands (QPR) is managing them so expect a good passing team with possibly a few good youngsters from QPR or Brentford if released.

Hanwell Town had a very disappointing season last season by their standards following relegation particularly as they were everyone's favourites at the start of the campaign to battle it out for the championship with the likes of Beaconsfield SYCOB and Chalfont St Peter. This time I think they are far more equipped and I'm sure they will be in the shake up with your Berkhamsted Town's, Biggleswade Town's, Chalfont St Peter's and Harefield United's.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Hanwell Town had a very disappointing season last season by their standards following relegation particularly as they were everyone's favourites at the start of the campaign to battle it out for the championship with the likes of Beaconsfield SYCOB and Chalfont St Peter. This time I think they are far more equipped and I'm sure they will be in the shake up with your Berkhamsted Town's, Biggleswade Town's, Chalfont St Peter's and Harefield United's.

not forgetting your Kentish Towns and your Haringeys smile

I'll be surprised if either of them finish above half way particularly Kentish Town without Lee Scott, who's going to get 34 league goals for them this season

hanwell town are going to be up there this season, ive seen them play a few times pre season and they play very good football, blaise o'brian who scored 52 goals 3 seasons ago is playing for them and has scored 7 in 5 pre season games so far, joint managers boysie wise who is the 1st cousin of ex chelsea captain dennis wise and who was assistant manager of hillingdon borough for last 5 years taking them to a fa vase final plus 7 other cup finals and promotion in that time... and other manger keith rowlands brother of qpr captain martin rowlands, keith is hanwells record goal scorer with a few hundred goals to his name...... get down there you'll enjoy it.

I see Hanwell Town have drawn Bucks Students Union in the Challenge Trophy and Broxbourne Borough in the Premier Division Cup, both at home, I thought HTFCew would have put all the draws on the Forum by now.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I see Hanwell Town have drawn Bucks Students Union in the Challenge Trophy and Broxbourne Borough in the Premier Division Cup, both at home, I thought HTFCew would have put all the draws on the Forum by now.

Oi! Rhodesy, where did you get those fixtures from? I've been looking for the fixtures in these two competitions and can't find them. Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if the clowns that run this league wanted to keep the fixtures from supporters in case some turned up! smile

Septimus - I think HTFCew and Horace have gone on strike or eloped together as I've been waiting for them to post the four Cup draws, ie Challenge Trophy and three divisional cups, I didn't want to tread on their toes and get it in the neck from HTFCew as usual otherwise I would have posted them myself. Hertford Town have an interesting Challenge Trophy draw away to Sport London e Benfica.