Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brentwood Town v Concord Rangers

JJSCRFC

Brentwood Town 1-1 Concord Rangers

John Easterford receiving a bad looking head injury in the 1st half.

Bradley Walsh getting sent off towards the end of the 1st half leaving us with 10 men.

Brentwood took the lead on the 75th minute and we equalized with a goal from Shane Oakley in the 85th minute.

Good opening performance for our 1st campaign in the Ryman Div 1 North.

on reflection we have to be happy with our 1st ever Ryman point,

And a good crowd of 171 !

But whoever said the officials get better the higher you play hadnt seen these muppets perform !

With young John Easterford nursing 20 stitches in a nasty head wound from a leading elbow in the 1st 10 mins.

(the ref didnt even talk to the opposing player)

Then Brad Walsh replaced him and was subsequently sent from the field of play 25mins later for two of the cheapest yellows ive seen in football !

But after going a goal down midway through the 2nd half

(it was inevitable they would get in from one of the 60+ seventy yard hoofs they kept bombarding our defence with).

The ten men finally got there just deserves when Oakley broke through and slotted home with 10mins to go!

A very good resilient display of football from Concord and a great display of the long ball game from Brentwood.

(glad i dont have to pay to watch that every week)!

Apparently according to there Chairman this was to be there easiest of there 1st four fixtures ?

Anyway looking forward to Aveley Tuesday night !

But whoever said the officials get better the higher you play hadnt seen these muppets perform !

get your mind set away from ESL, trust it, over the season you will notice the diff. Mind - Ryman now, not ESL..... see how you get on, you will do well. Concentrate on the football and not officials....

I know mate, but when one of your boys has to have twenty stitches from an awful challenge and the other player doesnt get spoken to it does get me !

But i will keep the belief in what you said at the meeting and hopefully we will see some good refereeing !