Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Strikers ?

BustaGut

Does anyone else feel that we may need to loan a experienced striker to kill off games? The last three games I am of the opinion we should have won, but as hard as are midfield and strikers work, when it gets to taking a shot on goal they panic and make that extra pass and mess up, or snatch at it and bang it wide. Gash is expected to be in defence because of his heading abilities, he then is expected to be up front for the big clearance up field, this has to be looked at. Gash is not a midfielder, and should be used for what he is a striker.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
You're talking about when we're attacking, player runs to the byline with the ball, cuts it back to the penalty spot and there is no-one there. We need a Frank Lampard getting in there for those cut backs.

I don't think Frank is currently available though so we may need to seek another option.

Nah I was thinking of the big hoofed ball, that hopes someone is there, and then if there is, are they capable of catching it up before it goes out of play. Lampard is a little slow for that, and Gerrards injured.

Having seen the last two games, it's blatantly obvious that we still don't have the killer instinct in front of goal, no fox in the box.

This may well be remedied by giving Ibe or Appiah a go,certainly Akinde suffered from the same problem he seemed keener to pass than hit it,our approach work is fine,also Sashas' crossing needs working on he seems to overhit the cross far too much, what's wrong with a low hard cross it always gives both the keeper and defence a problem, they don't have the time to clear it comfortably.

i wounder if liam put stacy up front, would it work? with stone on the right hand in the middle and barret on the left then up front stacy on the left ibe in the midde the moore on the right.

dont no if it would work but i would give it a go!

also i faught luke played realy well last night the best ive seen of him in ages! and darius played out-standing (as always) sasha played a bit bad tho!

thanks,

kieron

I think Stacy works better when he's given space in midfield. He's got the skill, but not the strength to work his magic whilst being crowded out by defenders. I'd much rather see him in his usual spot.

We are overplaying at the minute- a fox in the box wouldn't hurt, but I think as soon as players become more selfish and more clinical (in the next few weeks), we will, as Arsenal have learnt to do, kill games off rather than playing exhibition stuff to no avail.

Originally Posted By: KShep
I think Stacy works better when he's given space in midfield. He's got the skill, but not the strength to work his magic whilst being crowded out by defenders. I'd much rather see him in his usual spot

Definately, his goal at Farsley away and a couple of others last season (that I saw anyway) show his ability to score at range, when he's given the space he needs.

...I am not sure that Stacey is even playing well enough to be in the side at present - and I am a fan of his - his touch is missing a bit at present, he seems to be getting frustrated, having a go a at team-mates and his finishing so far has not been a patch on last season - his shooting on Tuesday was again off. I would bring Slatts in if he is fit.

Originally Posted By: Richard C
I think Stace is too good to leave out imho... he just needs to click one week - hasnt been bad just not his own high standard!!...

I think that he started quite slowly last year too. From memory, he only had a 3 or 4 goals before Xmas, but ended up with 15.

He certainly has something that none of our other players really have, the ability to pick a pass out of nothing and create goals for himself.