Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Tonbridge Angels - LIVE on GATE RADIO

Wellsie

IMO Curtis had a good game in middle of defence, so Barry has another option there now. Considering the conditions not a bad game overall, both teams tried to play a passing game.

The clerance of the line in the first minute, according to those fans brave, or was it foolhardy, enough to be down the Coffin End was over the line.

Must also say, unlike Billericay, who seem to think the Angels dive at every available opportunity, I saw nothing of that all night and the game was very clean when you take the conditions into consideration.

Thanks also to the fans listening on here as I enjoyed the Formuls 1 posts! grin

Pleased for Robinson-remember it was announced as our 'first major signing'

Credit to him for being patient.

As you say-a few options here-Parkinson,Louis Smith and Taylor.

will Louis struggle to get back in the side ?

Is Sam Taylor still around-don't recall him getting injured unless it occured in training ?

I similarly rate BA as a manager

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Thanks also to the fans listening on here as I enjoyed the Formuls 1 posts! grin

You're very welcome Alan - think most of us were a little merry and as such were in the mood for a laugh!!

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan

The clerance of the line in the first minute, according to those fans brave, or was it foolhardy, enough to be down the Coffin End was over the line.

Must also say, unlike Billericay, who seem to think the Angels dive at every available opportunity, I saw nothing of that all night and the game was very clean when you take the conditions into consideration.

I was down the coffin end, and my instinct was that it was over the line, no bull. But the reaction of those around me was instinctively 'oooh' rather than 'wahay', so I didn't trust my instincts.

I thought the Tonbridge fairies were a very clean and good footballing side, and it was a very entertaining match. I did think that they were clever with the niggly stuff, but this is no gripe as they were simply doing what the referee was allowing them to do. IMO, the ref and bar end lino had a shocking game. but I get sick of saying it. I used to think that you get refs of a level appropriate to the league they officiate in (ie sunday league standard football will not get a league standard referee), but the level of official is dropping, I feel. I wouldn't mind if the consistency was there, either from one match to the next, or one decision to the next! Grrrr. Moan over.

I couldn't make it last night unfortunately as my daughter asked me to go and watch her play netball.However I listened to most of the match on Gate Radio.This is the first time I have tuned in and I would just like to say Wellsie that I was very very impressed.Your commentary was superb and it was even better being out of the wind and rain.I thoroughly recommend it to anybody who cannot get to a match.The only problem I had was with the music at half time-not my cup of tea but perhaps that is just me being out of tune.

Thanks for your comments - glad you enjoyed it. As for the music, due to copyright issues I used unsigned artists. I do have a range of stuff (not massive) so perhaps it was just last night's selection. I have had positive feedback about the music in the past so perhaps a future selection will be more up your street.

Cheers.

Agree with most of the previous posts the officials were again rubbish I wonder where they get them from at this level, so many wrong decisions, the defence played really well against a good footballing side. All of the best chances though were with the blues particularly in the first half, my view on the goal line incident was that it was not over the line but was just held up on the strong wind.

Ovrall not a bad performance, but I still believe we are in for a long winter !!

The one in front of the defence seems to work.

More defensive cover and if you don't concede ,you get at least a point.

I wonder if paul Smith is building up his fitness to last longer-or whether 60 mins is the best one can expect for him.

If thats the case-who replaces him-is maskell being groomed to do that role for which he seems well suited.(maybe even Robinson in front of the back 4 when Louis Smith/Parkinson are back )

I've never seen Robinson play, so difficult to comment, but assuming that (at this stage ) BA sees Louis as one of his two centre backs,and robinson has some ability as a defender-and if he plays fulll back i assume he is more than just a hoof it clear man-then could he cover after Smith comes off.

As i say-maskell must also be an option

We certainly have potential that is for sure, if Barry decides to play that way. 60 minutes of Smudger for me is better than nothing for sure the way he seems to gel the defence together.