Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Former Saint joins Town

Duke of York

I know I don't often bother to look at the "Not the ETFC" forum but I did take a look today (checking out WiFi availability in a pub) and saw this thread.

Luton Town are so far short of money, and have been for some time, that they had to sign a player as an amateur the other year. Their financial situation has led to them starting this season with minus points.

St Albans City: I understand that William Verry can't afford to fund them to level they have in the past (there's a credit crunch going on and construction companies are all feeling the pinch!). Saints fans seem a bit annoyed that they have had to let him go.

Ridgway looks to be a good signing so let's not start out by being negative. He is a former Rep of Ireland youth international. Let's hope he is as good as Niall Ritchie (another former ROI youth international) was in his spell as an ETFC player and get behind him as he starts his (hopefully productive) Enfield Town career.

Don't forget, Conference South and North are both two divisions higher than we are now. To suggest that we deserve players who are that good or higher would be rather arrogant so please don't do it until we are (as I hope we will be) at that level. Yes, I know some of us watched the now defunct Enfield FC at Conference National level but that was a different club in a different time and the effect of automatic promotion to the Football League wasn't really there until after EFC got relegated.

I would like to think that our supporters would remember that whatever happens it is still our club and that the players turning out for our club aren't trying to get us relegated. Keep hold of those thoughts and perhaps we can keep on going without letting go of the fact that we are all supposed to be enjoying following our side! Yes, I know it can be difficult at times, but please don't suggest that we deserve to be higher than we are because so far we don't.