Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arlesely Athletic Vs Tokyngton Manor 1/10/08

Horace - You still haven't come on to explain your position and why you walked away from your beloved Hertford Town, why the secrecy.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - You still haven't come on to explain your position and why you walked away from your beloved Hertford Town, why the secrecy.

No secrecy, it was fully covered in the Hertfordshire Mercury last week, and those who need to know, know.
My position now is sitting on a chair in front of my computer. By the way, you never did tell us why you left Kentish Town?

You obviously didn't take HTFCew into account when making your decision as you've left her high and dry, anyway reading between the lines the Hertfordshire Mercury didn't tell anywhere near the full story

You obviously didn't take HTFCew into account when making your decision as you've left her high and dry, anyway reading between the lines the Hertfordshire Mercury didn't tell anywhere near the full story

You are so good at reading between the lines, so there's no need for me to enlighten you further on here. And you dodged the question about yourself again!

Originally Posted By: Horace
By the way, you never did tell us why you left Kentish Town?

Horace - I wasn't trying to wriggle out of answering this. To cut a long story short Kentish Town only brought me onboard in July 2006 as a 'cash cow' as they had got wind of the fact that I had raised quite a bit of funding for Haringey Borough and been instrumental in starting the lucrative weekend market at Coles Park which has now become an institution in Haringey and a life saver for the Club, there was talk of initiating a similar market at the Copthall Stadium. From day one, as you know, I encountered problems with Claremont Road and spent some nine months trying to secure Copthall for the following (last) season which fortunately paid off as I'm not sure where the Club would have played otherwise, I also spent another eight months trying to get Lee Scott off the hook which also paid dividends. At the end of the day it just became a thankless task despite the euphoria of the Championship last season which was largely down to Hector Varela's tactical genius and Lee Scott's goals, when Hector severed ties with the Club without a word of thanks and Lee talked about leaving I realised it was probably time to move on myself.

Thanks, how's BabyKeepz by the way lol.

Originally Posted By: Head Shortie

Going to watch Hanwell Town V Welwyn Gardens City on Saturday, should be a good game.

I see that Wes Linden is running the line at Reynolds Field this afternoon, I thought he would have a Trophy or a Vase game today.

Originally Posted By: Horace
By the way, you never did tell us why you left Kentish Town?

Horace - I wasn't trying to wriggle out of answering this. To cut a long story short Kentish Town only brought me onboard in July 2006 as a 'cash cow' as they had got wind of the fact that I had raised quite a bit of funding for Haringey Borough and been instrumental in starting the lucrative weekend market at Coles Park which has now become an institution in Haringey and a life saver for the Club, there was talk of initiating a similar market at the Copthall Stadium. From day one, as you know, I encountered problems with Claremont Road and spent some nine months trying to secure Copthall for the following (last) season which fortunately paid off as I'm not sure where the Club would have played otherwise, I also spent another eight months trying to get Lee Scott off the hook which also paid dividends. At the end of the day it just became a thankless task despite the euphoria of the Championship last season which was largely down to Hector Varela's tactical genius and Lee Scott's goals, when Hector severed ties with the Club without a word of thanks and Lee talked about leaving I realised it was probably time to move on myself.

F**k me, if that was the short version I sure don't want to hear the long version!
RHodes since you were instrumental in starting the weekend market, do you think you could get me a deal on a bulk purchase of left footed rugby socks?

Head Shortie - What a refreshing post, I must have just missed you when you made it at 04.26. You sound a bit like Lato who lives in West London and his first port of call is normally Hanwell Town/Sport London e Benfica, AFC Hayes or obviously Tokyngton Manor although he claims to no longer hold an affinity for the Club, he was also at the Amersham Town thriller.
I don't know whether you were at the Sport London e Benfica v Hertford Town game in the SSML Challenge Trophy but I was very impressed by them that night, had they not tried to walk the ball into the net at every opportunity they would have surely won comfortably in normal time. You should see a good game tomorrow, Welwyn Garden City's Manager occasionally posts on here and he is my Manager of the season so far for turning things around 360 degrees at Herns Lane.

Rhodes, you sound surprised/upset that you missed him. Is it your mission to meet EVERYONE who goes to a football match that you attend?? You'd be very very disappointed if you went to watch a game (with 75,000 others) at Old Trafford then.........

I'll be at the Bedfont vs Befnal Blue game next Sat. If you're going, I'll try to find you and let you buy me a burger and a pint.

Loving the "turning things around 360 degrees" comment. Classic

Truth Teller - I thought you would have commented by now on Bethnal Green United's excellent 3-0 win over Marsh Rangers today, they're flying aren't they. Unfortunately I won't be at Bedfont next Saturday as I'm going to Hornchurch v Merstham in the FA Cup, Uncle Urchin has called a meeting of the Edgware FC Steering Committee and when he says jump we all ask how high.

Truth Teller - I thought you would have commented by now on Bethnal Green United's excellent 3-0 win over Marsh Rangers today, they're flying aren't they. Unfortunately I won't be at Bedfont next Saturday as I'm going to Hornchurch v Merstham in the FA Cup, Uncle Urchin has called a meeting of the Edgware FC Steering Committee and when he says jump we all ask how high.

1) Why would I congratulate Bethnal Green on beating a team who regularly finish bottom of the league?
2) Why would I congratulate Bethnal Green Full stop??
3) Thanks for you life story, but I only asked if you going to the the bedfont/bethnal game next week.
4) How many clubs are you affilliated with??

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

Nothing like being a puppet

Yes, like Clement has sadly become at Kentish Town!